STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Blog Entries

Par5e for Core Rpg

I've been trying to create a Fantasy Age Basic Rulebook reference manual + equipment library module. There is a discrepancy in the manual and Ruleset Data Items list. One calls for referencemanual.txt as the source file while the manual calls for refmanual.txt .

I tried both, the console logs it as successful (green) but it doesn't make the module. Should the first entry in the txt file be a #@ or a ## ?

I've also watched Xorn's youtube tutorial on 5e and believe I've set up everything right. Shame he didn't spend time showing the referencemanual part.

Could it be the tags I use in the txt? If there was a problem with that wouldnt it log in an error in the console though? I'd share the txt but it contains copyright material.
    Attachment 10653

Any help would be appreciated. I'd like to be able to parse a couple rule books for CoreRpg.
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Quote Originally Posted by Mask_of_winter View Post
    I've been trying to create a Fantasy Age Basic Rulebook reference manual + equipment library module. There is a discrepancy in the manual and Ruleset Data Items list. One calls for referencemanual.txt as the source file while the manual calls for refmanual.txt .

I tried both, the console logs it as successful (green) but it doesn't make the module. Should the first entry in the txt file be a #@ or a ## ?

I've also watched Xorn's youtube tutorial on 5e and believe I've set up everything right. Shame he didn't spend time showing the referencemanual part.

Could it be the tags I use in the txt? If there was a problem with that wouldnt it log in an error in the console though? I'd share the txt but it contains copyright material.
    Attachment 10653

Any help would be appreciated. I'd like to be able to parse a couple rule books for CoreRpg.
    When you say 'it doesn't make the module' do you mean no file.mod is produced? or do you mean the produced module file isn't visible in FG library?

Blog Entries
    No file .mod is produced. I tried different folder output directory to the same result.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

I had a similar issue with Encounters in PAR5E and the cause was I had an ! in the name of an Encounter (##;The Bridge is Out!) and that was silently failing and it never made it to the Make Module section of the parsing. Maybe make sure you don't have any Story or other entry names with a ! in it?

Blog Entries
    Hmmm didn't see any ! in the title but I got rid of the ? and quotes. Thanks for the pointers though. There must be something something wrong with the format of my txt file and that's what is causing it.

What does the "Console" tab say after you've parsed?

Also, might be worth updating to the latest release.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Info : engine build .................................................. ..................... [v0.0.9-b62]
    Info : ruleset library .................................................. ..................... [CoreRPG]
    Info : module .................................................. ........... [Fantasy Age Basic Rulebook]
    Info : ruleset .................................................. ............................. [CoreRPG]
    Info : folder structure .................................................. .................... [Created]
    Parse - reference chapter .................................................. ......... [Introduction - OK]

If you've upgraded the Par5E app to the latest version, don't use a setting file from an older version - set it all up again.

Also look in the directories being used and clear out any old temp files before parsing.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I`ve got the same problem, have you managed to fix it?

Hi Davi welcome to FG and to the community.

There is no one answer to this kind of problem. Somewhere, in your .txt file you have something that pat5e doesn't like. It could be quote or an apostrophe type, it could be an errant exclamation mark, incorrect semi colon, wrongly placed space, or one aof a number of other possibilities.

All you can do is go over your text to make sure none of that exists. One thing you can do is take your file and cut a large chunk of it out and paste it somewhere else. Then try to par5e the bit that's left. If that works then add some more and par5e that and so on until you find the section that is causing the issue. If you don't have any luck you could post your text file and I'll have a look. Best to do that in the par5e thread though; I might miss it otherwise.
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; March 9th, 2017 at 14:55.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information