DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Cave Map Tiles

Cave Map Tiles

Hello friends, I thought I would pop in and let you all know that I have started to work on the next Map Tiles set: Caves. This set is going to contain a wealth of map tiles that you can use to build underground cave systems with passageways, and large cave rooms. At the moment the collection of map tiles is in the early stages of production, but I do have some goodies to share. First up is a sneak peek at a passageway that I am working on.

Next up is the first map tiles pre-production pack that I have uploaded to the Studio Store. Cave Map Tiles: Pack #1 contains a collection of Dirt Tiles. These tiles fulfill much the same role as the basic tiles in the other Dungeon Map Tiles sets, or the Grass Tiles from the first set. I'll be adding later on a collection of Dirt Tiles that will let you inter-mesh dirt and grass areas.

Tailz, the Artist of Studio WyldFurr
    Follow Studio WyldFurr on Twitter, Facebook, and the studio web site.
    "The London Underground, is not a resistance movement!"

Sneak peek at one of the Multi-tile Connector Blocks that you can use to connect between a passageway made with Dungeon Map Tiles and a passageway made with Cave Map Tiles.

Stop taking photographs of actual dungeons and trying to pass it off as digital tiles!

The second part of the pre-production pack’s for our new Cave Map Tiles is almost ready, just some finial finessing to do before we post the zip file into the Studio Store. But here is a sneak peek at what is coming!

The second pack of the Cave Map Tiles set has just been posted to the Studio Store. This pack contains a wealth of tiles for building all the walls and passageways of your monster lair, underground cave, bandit hideout, or any other cave like structure you can dream up. To build large cave chambers, build the walls with the tiles in this pack, then fill in the cave floor with the tiles from the first pack.

Blog Entries
    it seemed like a good idea at the time. i mean why wouldnt going into that dark cave entrance be the smart thing to do? are those claw marks on the stone? what is that smell? how many critters made those tracks?

I have just wrapped up part three of the Cave Map Tiles and posted the zip file to the Studio Store. This part contains the diagonal walls for the caves. The tiles include a number of single tile peices, and an assortment of multi-tile blocks for quickly building long sections of wall.

I've also poped into this pack a few feature dirt tiles, with patchy grass, rock piles, and a muddy puddle.

Looking good.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

This pack expands on the Grass tiles from the original Dungeon Map Tiles set and the Dirt Tiles from the current Cave Map Tiles set with transition tiles between the two. The transition tiles include two styles, one style of just grass merging to dirt, and then a second set that has grass coming to the lip of a dirt ditch or culvert. Plus there are dead end tiles and two rock wall pillars.

Thread Information