5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last
    Blog Entries

License not working?

If you have issues with your license, please check these things first and see how to fix it below.

Possible Reason #1: Your license subscription lapsed or failed and was cancelled

If you have a license subscription, it is possible that your subscription has been suspended for an inability to bill it to you for some reason from Paypal. If you log on to Paypal, you should see notes about the errors. Do *not* try to force this through and correct the issue, because your license key and subscription that it was originally set up for has already been deactivated. Instead, I recommend cancelling that recurring payment entirely and then starting a new recurring payment through the Fantasy Grounds store again. If you had any other purchases attached to your account, you will need to re-run a Check for Updates to pull those back down again. If you want to try the same payment method as before, you may need to contact your banking provider or Credit Card company to ensure that they won't deny the charges again.

Possible Reason #2: Steam sent your key to us to Revoke as part of a Refund Request

If this was a mistake, please contact [email protected]. You may need to re-purchase the software through Steam or from our site directly. If you purchased any DLC that did not get refunded, then I think you *have* to re-purchase it through Steam in order to re-download it for your account.

We have been very cautious with the identification of these keys, but if a mistake did happen, please contact us at [email protected] and we will work with you to resolve it in a timely manner.

Thanks and Happy Gaming!

MY LISCENCE aint working because I followed the damn instructions... I am soooo over this. I went from free to 3.99 subscription no email no key till I got it sorted... now I follow instruction cancel subscription wait 5 mins and upgrade to ultimate. Again no Key NO email and cant do anything with my campaign for my upcoming game grrrrr

Blog Entries
    Hello Meglo,

I just sent the new key. The email went out automatically, but to the address that Paypal sent to us.

I have tried to log into my account but I am showing a free program. I then try to enter my code again and am prompted to enter a valid user or password or re-enter a valid user login in settings. I am not sure what is going on. I own an ultimate license and all the available 5E material. I hope that this issue can be quickly dispensed with as I have a game for tomorrow - not to mention the small fortune I have spent. What do I need to do for this to be corrected. I also get an error message can't load rule set file base xml when I try to start the demo. Since I just purchased the DMG and went through the big update fiasco the other night nothing seems to be right. Thank you for the help in advance.
    Last edited by Celegar; December 10th, 2015 at 21:17. Reason: Typo

Blog Entries
    Use your forum id and password.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Make sure to enter all your information in the Settings (both license key and forum login), and then you need to Update before running FG.

Regards,
    JPG

Hi, at what price would you sell and or rent out the server code to allow an "off web" game to be run on a remote LAN ? Thanks,
    Best regards, Andy

If I understand what you're asking you can do this already with either a set of full license or an Ultimate license and a bunch of free/demo licenses - but if you didn't want ANY connectivity back to the FG license servers than you'd need a bunch of full licenses

Or have I missed the point?
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dulux-oz View Post
    If I understand what you're asking you can do this already with either a set of full license or an Ultimate license and a bunch of free/demo licenses - but if you didn't want ANY connectivity back to the FG license servers than you'd need a bunch of full licenses

Or have I missed the point?
    Yep - Full Licenses wont require you to "Check In". Steam has a 4 pack of Licenses for the price of three.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Yep - Full Licenses wont require you to "Check In". Steam has a 4 pack of Licenses for the price of three.

Ah, ok - So when I host a game, my hosting PC *IS* the server - I'm not remotely connected to some 'battlenet' style instantiation on a remote server system ?

So with a full license, I can run the program without internet, yes ?
    and somebody else with a full license could then connect to me P2P with a twisted ethernet cable ?
    Sounds like I'll have to get an extra license and try it...

Thanks !

Best regards,
    Andy

Thread Information