FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 5 of 7 First ... 34567 Last

Thread: Release v3.1.2

What I've done with the new option turned on is move all the hidden tokens between rounds, while the players are rolling their initiatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    As Callum mentions, even having the token invisible on the combat tracker but visible on the map won't help hide the name - if the players hover their mouse over the token a tooltip will appear showing the name. So, use Callum's suggestion of changing the creature name.
    This is fixable already by the feature to hide the name in the options "Token(GM)->Token:Show name (off)". So this isn't an issue at all.

Also what I was asking for if that was possible to get the result I wanted not a work around, I know that those exist. But this is causing extra work on the GM for a feature I would like to see implemented which I kind of was referring to in my post when asking if it would be possible for them to implement it.

Quote Originally Posted by Togainu View Post
    Also what I was asking for if that was possible to get the result I wanted not a work around, I know that those exist. But this is causing extra work on the GM for a feature I would like to see implemented which I kind of was referring to in my post when asking if it would be possible for them to implement it.
    Fair enough, I'll leave it to the devs and stop making suggestions.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Put it on the wishlist. :P
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickademus View Post
    Put it on the wishlist. :P
    This is feedback to a feature introduced in this version so in my eyes belongs in this thread :P. Both me and a couple of GM's I play under expected this to function in the manor as I described in my earlier post. So it isn't per definition a feature request as much as feedback of expected behavior from/a different way of interpretation of the wording of a newly introduced feature and maybe even a bug.

The wording of the option is "turn: skip hidden npc". An npc visible on the map is in my eyes not hidden and shouldn't be skipped. This is the same understanding other GM's I play with saw for this feature and hoped for from it. Making my earlier situation a very good example of why we were expecting it to work like that as well.
    Last edited by Togainu; July 29th, 2015 at 02:08.

Quote Originally Posted by Togainu View Post
    This is feedback to a feature introduced in this version so in my eyes belongs in this thread :P. Both me and a couple of GM's I play under expected this to function in the manor as I described in my earlier post. So it isn't per definition a feature request as much as feedback of expected behavior from/a different way of interpretation of the wording of a newly introduced feature and maybe even a bug.

The wording of the option is "turn: skip hidden npc". An npc visible on the map is in my eyes not hidden and shouldn't be skipped. This is the same understanding other GM's I play with saw for this feature and hoped for from it. Making my earlier situation a very good example of why we were expecting it to work like that as well.
    It's specifically designed to be skipped if hidden on the combat tracker. See this post (and the rest of the thread where this was discussed in depth): https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post221427

The whole turn sequence is controlled from the combat tracker, it makes sense to control skipping through the combat tracker only - not through the token on the map. Your request is to control skipping only by setting the visibility of tokens on the map (based off the three scenarios you listed) with no control at all through the combat tracker. I think this would be even more confusing.

Any feedback on this I suggest you take to the thread linked above to discuss further, as this is working as expected/designed.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    • [5E/PFRPG/3.5E] When using modifier stack with damage rolls, the modifier stack damage will now be typed according to first damage type.

Can someone give an example of how this one works so I can test it in my DCCRPG ruleset?

Give an NPC the attack "punch +3 (1d3 nonlethal)". Then put a 3 in the modifier box. Before the 3 from the modifier would be lethal damage while the 1d3 would be subdual. (Rulesets vary.) Now the 3 from the modifier box is typed the same as the attack, nonlethal in this case.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

After I updated. It made the program unusable.
    " error loading data"
    "Ruleset: 3.5E"
    "Error: references missing child ruleset (CoreRPG)"
    "Do you want to try reloading the data?"
    If I click yes it reload warning if I choose no it shuts down any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by D.M. Badger View Post
    After I updated. It made the program unusable.
    " error loading data"
    "Ruleset: 3.5E"
    "Error: references missing child ruleset (CoreRPG)"
    "Do you want to try reloading the data?"
    If I click yes it reload warning if I choose no it shuts down any ideas?
    Try the steps in post #4 of this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...r-loading-data But only delete/rename CoreRPG.pak and a CoreRPG directory (if it exists), then run an update.

Thread Information