STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 7 First 12345 ... Last
    Ok, so following the tutorial to learn how to meddle with extensions. I am following the tutorial and here is my code.

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
    <root>
    	<icon file="graphics/TutorialWindow.png" name="TutorialWindow" />
    	<windowclass name="TutorialWindow">
    		<frame>campaignlistwithtabs</frame>
    		<sizelimits>
    			<dynamic />
    		</sizelimits>
    		<sheetdata>
    			<banner_campaign>
    				<icon>TutorialWindow</icon>
    			</banner_campaign>
    			<close_campaignlist />
    			<resize_campaignlistwithtabs />
    		</sheetdata>
    	</windowclass>
    </root>

Based on what i have been reading this should allow for resizing, but it does not appear to be working. I see the resize icon at the bottom right, but its not allowing me to resize.

Ok, I figured it out. I didn't save the extension.xml file after changing the version to 3.0 in the root tag. It's working now.
    Last edited by Tuendal; October 8th, 2016 at 19:08.

Another question i have, and this is because i have very little background with XML or LUA, but in the example we are using an Image for the title of the window, is it possible to just use a Text box and not an image? I'm more or less wanting to streamline some of the boxes and the images don't scale well and want more of a minimal feel for some of the windows.

Blog Entries
    Try something like this for sizing:

set an initial size

Code:
    		<placement>
    			<size width="515" height="610" />
    		</placement>
    and what dimensions can be changed

Code:
    		<sizelimits>
    			<minimum width="515" height="610" />
    			<maximum width="515" />
    			<dynamic />
    		</sizelimits>
    I believe the headings are always on an image... but you can redefine the image to something smaller.

Glad you figured it out. I didn't see anything obvious, and I wouldn't have guessed what the problem was, based on your solution! I hope you found the tutorial helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuendal View Post
    Another question i have, and this is because i have very little background with XML or LUA, but in the example we are using an Image for the title of the window, is it possible to just use a Text box and not an image? I'm more or less wanting to streamline some of the boxes and the images don't scale well and want more of a minimal feel for some of the windows.
    As far as I can tell, the headers must be images. I haven't found any examples anywhere else in FG that works differently, and there doesn't seem to be anything in the docs. At one point, I was going to see if I could find a way to generate the image in Lua if it didn't exist, but it really is just too much work for too little benefit. Maybe when the Unity version comes out, they will be more dynamic with the labels.

If I wanted to look at an existing Extension. Using Notepad ++ how woudl I do it?
    Brice AKA BoringMadman

Quote Originally Posted by bnickelsen View Post
    If I wanted to look at an existing Extension. Using Notepad ++ how woudl I do it?
    Change the .ext file extension to .zip and unzip.

Some info on what you'll find inside can be found here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/modguide/extensions.xcp And, of course, in the guides found in post #1 of this thread.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Change the .ext file extension to .zip and unzip.

Some info on what you'll find inside can be found here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/modguide/extensions.xcp And, of course, in the guides found in post #1 of this thread.
    Dang. Once more the ever-present-eye (and keyboard) of Trenloe beat me to the punch.

It's cause he is an AI and present all the time online.

First, thanks to anyone who wants to field this. I haven't coded in ABOUT 15 years, but thought I'd try my hand again. Frankly, I'm pretty confused what I'm missing.

This is a GREAT tutorial, and on the read through, I thought I'd go back and try to do the interactive play-by-play. I can NOT get extension.xml to even appear as an option. Saved as ...\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds\extensions\extension.xml. File is simply a straight copy paste from page 5 of tutorial I. Tinkered with the root release and root version. Nothing. FG version 3.2.1. I've been dinking away for about 90 minutes and can't even get the option to load the XML as an extension.

Seriously, I'm sure I'm missing something quite obvious, but would welcome any help. Thank you again. (For completion sake in checking typos, copied code follows).

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
    <!-- This is our MVP for the Extension Tutorial -->
    <root release="3.0" version="3">
    <properties>
    <name>Extension Tutorial - Jeffery W. Redding</name>
    <version>0.0.1</version>
    <author>Jeffery W. Redding</author>
    <description>
    A really simple extension file for
    creating a really simple extension
    </description>
    </properties>