DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    I'm going for lunch now guys. Ninja free for the next 30 minutes...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I'll grab a screenshot tomorrow when I am logged in as a player and will post it here with a better explanation.
    FG Ultimate License
    Noob 5e DM - Princes of the Apocalypse & The Lost Mine of Phandelver
    GMT -6 CST USA

Trenloe is, of course, correct. PC actions never appeared on the Combat tracker in 5e, only the NPC ones and only visible to the DM. Version 3.1.0. switched those off, but they were reinstated in 3.1.1. Sorry for any confusion.

PS hope you had a nice lunch Trenloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Eighteez View Post
    I'll grab a screenshot tomorrow when I am logged in as a player and will post it here with a better explanation.
    Out of interest - is this game you're playing in 5E or a different ruleset?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

The best answer here is "hotkeys."

You should have your usual attacks hotkeyed for all your characters, along with anything you use a lot of. Initiative, perception, stealth if you're a stealthy type, damage-dealing cantrips, and weapon attacks/damage are all obvious ones.

Remember you can edit your hotkey labels, just right click one, choose "edit label," backspace out all the current text, then delete and type your own label in and hit enter.
    "Last night I journeyed backwards in time, to the medieval world of Dark Tower... the battle was joined, and I was victorious." - Orson Welles, 1981

" 'We know a remote farm in Lincolnshire where Mrs. Buckley lives. Every July, peas grow there.' This is a lot of sh**, you know that." - Orson Welles, 1970

Quote Originally Posted by brautigan1 View Post
    The best answer here is "hotkeys."

You should have your usual attacks hotkeyed for all your characters, along with anything you use a lot of. Initiative, perception, stealth if you're a stealthy type, damage-dealing cantrips, and weapon attacks/damage are all obvious ones.
    Hotkeys are a great way of having quick access to frequently used actions.

The big gotcha is that you need to change the hotkeys if your base action changes - they're hard coded when you drag them to the hotkey bar and don't update if the entries in the character sheet changes. Keep this in mind and remember to delete/re-add a hotkey if the base action in the character sheet changes.

Thread Information