5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Question On Effects.

For a Ring Of Protection (Text = Plus 1 AC and Plus 1 Saves)

Creating an "effect" as follows "Ring;AC:1;Save all 1"

question 1 Is that the right syntax?
    question 2 Could I expect
    Opt a: To see the AC and saves on the PC character sheet change to reflect this adjustment?
    Opt a
    Pot b: Just applies when an attack or saves roll is made?
    Brice AKA BoringMadman

1. Shoul be "Ring; AC:1;SAVE:1"
    2. Opt b. The effect just applies when an attack or save is made. But it will get stated in the chat window.

You would use: Ring;AC: 1;SAVE: 1

Save needed to be SAVE and the all is assumed.

As you noticed however the number isn't actually displayed, not even in the roll, but it does count.

Test Fighter has an AC of 18 normally, with the AC: 1 effect this roll of 18 missed him since the system knew his modified AC was 19 even though it's not shown on the character sheet.

The Saving Throw example is for your next question about SAVE: 1 strength only affecting STR instead of all saves. It did add the +1 to the +4 STR modifier he has.

For just a roll you'd create it as a power on the character and have them click the button to apply it:

Last edited by kylania; July 13th, 2015 at 19:28.

Just for clarity then if the save only applied to one type then I would use "Ring;AC: 1;SAVE: strength 1" as an example?
    Brice AKA BoringMadman

Quote Originally Posted by kylania View Post
    SAVE: 1 strength
    Thank you Tested and working as expected. Case sensitivity gets me every time. and the order they go in. But it is working so Woot.
    Brice AKA BoringMadman

Read more about effects here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...php/5E_Effects

I also cleaned up my example above a bit. Was clicking on the wrong sheet! heh

Quote Originally Posted by kylania View Post
    Read more about effects here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...php/5E_Effects

I also cleaned up my example above a bit. Was clicking on the wrong sheet! heh
    Believe it or not I had the page open, it just was not making sense to me. Truth is I am still confused a bit by it all. But I am persistent I will keep at it till it clicks.
    Brice AKA BoringMadman

I cannot be certain of course but it may well be that many such items which will appear in the forthcoming DMG will have all of that lovely syntax worked out when the item is drag/dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I cannot be certain of course but it may well be that many such items which will appear in the forthcoming DMG will have all of that lovely syntax worked out when the item is drag/dropped.
    Quote Originally Posted by bnickelsen
    Shutup! Just take my money
    That will be awesome.

After thought, I am assuming you are referring to the canned magic items that might ship in the DMG package.

I would add to my wish list for the future a selection section or auto complete for building items and powers/abilities.
    Brice AKA BoringMadman

Thread Information