5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last
    Blog Entries

Volunteers Needed - Gen Con Bearded Booth Babes please apply (beards optional)

We are looking for some volunteers to help man the booth and possibly help with set up for Gen Con this year. We would need a commitment of 8 hours minimum, but 16 or 24 hours preferred during the vendor area time slots.

We are looking for people who...
    • have experience with Fantasy Grounds as a GM
    • are familiar with Dungeons & Dragons fifth edition and the fifth edition ruleset
    • are comfortable pitching FG to potential customers
    • have experience with multiple game systems
    • are knowledgeable on other current VTTs and pros and cons versus FG
    • are capable of standing for long periods of time
    • are well groomed and neat in appearance
    • like to have fun

Our pitch mostly involves showing off FG on laptops and connected TVs which will be provided and answering questions that the users have. You'll find that you repeat the same items over and over and have a few variants by the time the con is over.

In exchange, you will receive
    • a vendor level badge that lets you into the convention for all 4 days and into the vendor area before the VIGs
    • an opportunity to see Gen Con behind the scenes
    • a SmiteWorks shirt (or several if you commit to additional hours)
    • a $25 per diem for food (for each 8 hours committed)
    • $10 in event tickets for each 8 hours committed
    • Free Fantasy Grounds digital swag
    • the ability to hang out with Doug and John from SmiteWorks both during the show and possibly afterwards
    • hotel rooms may be available, but you would likely get roomed with another volunteer

Travel to the event and lodging (* 1 room might be available for volunteers who can commit to a full schedule) will be at your own expense.

If interested, please send a brief intro, what rulesets you know well, your contract information and dates you'd be willing to volunteer to [email protected]. If you have any short videos of you showing Fantasy Grounds or running Fantasy Grounds, these would be great to send along. Also, references from players you have GM'd (in person or over Fantasy Grounds) would be helpful.

One thing that works for us when PCGen has a booth is having a break in the volunteer's time. They could work 8 hours but it could be 4 hours one day and 4 hours the next.

Blog Entries
    That's a good idea. We would be flexible like that.

Aww man, I would love to do that but can't get away from work (blowing all my vacation time on DragonCon this year). GenCon as a vendor is super fun, I got to go with CCP twice. If you can make this do it. You'll love the experience.

I can't do a volunteer slot as I already have most of my time committed to doing stuff for Paizo. But, I'll come and hang out for a while like I did a couple of years ago. Looking forward to seeing you all again and meeting some folks I haven't seen in the flesh!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I would love to do it. I am local, but I wouldn't be able to get away from work. Either way, I hope to see you guys on Sunday at least.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Time Zone: U.S. Eastern (GMT -5 or -4; Check Local Listings)
    DM: D&D 5E - Out of the Abyss
    Player: Homebrew Worlds on FG and Waterdeep Dragon Heist Live

Blog Entries
    We would love to see people stop by and say hello. If you've stopped by in the past, you know that we sometimes get stuck in non-stop demo mode. We will chat as much as we can though.

Whoa ... you mean to tell me you won't drop everything and speak with me directly?! With Gen Con being the smallest gaming convention in the world, what have I spent my money on? (obviously joking.)

To be honest, I hope I can't even get to the both due to the large crowds. Have a great convention!

Blog Entries
    On Sunday, we might talk to you but you may not be able to hear us because our voices are all shot from doing constant demos.

Plenty of water! If you go to talk to them, bring chilled bottled water.

Thread Information