5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Blog Entries
    It wouldn't be hard to create an extension to modify some of the graphics in the combat tracker.. but the underlays are tough (based on what I've read about underlays for HEX grids).. so you might want to look into something like that. You can replace the graphics for the factions with happier colors... and even tweak the outline colors without too much of an issue at all.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Quote Originally Posted by brautigan1 View Post
    Anyways, the fact is that FG needs some UI options, anyway. It doesn't have to be color-blind focused, but players and GM's alike should be able to set window colors, text colors, etc. Maybe some day...
    Yeah, these are called extensions - where you can change the underlying UI definition.

These are the graphics from the CoreRPG ruleset that are used for the various friend/foe/neutral/unassigned colours in the Combat Tracker:

An extension could be written that would contain different coloured graphics.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackfoot View Post
    In the meantime.. try my suggestion. Different shaped tokens for friends and enemies.
    @brautigan1: My core extensions alternative Wood and Dungeon themes can make enemies and friends different shapes. Wood makes PCs with circle tokens, Dungeon makes PCs with square tokens. Just use the extension that is different from how your monsters tokens are shaped. IE:

Blog Entries
    brautigan1 try this extension - it changes the underlay for the Enemy, Neutral and Faction actors.
    It will show as Colour Blind Combat Tracker in your Extensions list.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    brautigan1 try this extension - it changes the underlay for the Enemy, Neutral and Faction actors.
    It will show as Colour Blind Combat Tracker in your Extensions list.
    Just to be clear.. this extension doesn't actually change the faction underlays on maps... it changes the colors for the background colors for the different factions in the Combat Tracker.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackfoot View Post
    Just to be clear.. this extension doesn't actually change the faction underlays on maps... it changes the colors for the background colors for the different factions in the Combat Tracker.
    Blackfoot - any idea where to find the graphics and code for those? I havent been able to find them. I suspect that it is just using a colour code and transparency setting but I cant even see where that is occurring...

Blog Entries
    From what I've read.... they aren't located in an area that is accessible to rulesets/extensions. I was hoping to add underlays to HEX grids but that seems to be impossible to do for the moment... modifying the color is likely the same.

You use to be able to mod the color. I did so on the original version of 3.5 alt wound colors. However, you probably want to add crosshatching of some type for a color blind version and that isn't possible.

Registered just to post here. I came across something called EnChroma a few months ago while browsing something completely unrelated. It's a new technology in filter-glasses that allow someone with red-green blindness to see the full color spectrum. I don't know what they cost, or if they're out of development yet, but if so, your friend might be able to benefit from them.

https://enchroma.com/

I hope this helps.

Thread Information