DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Color Blind Mode

This may seem trivial, but could there be a way to add color blind mode for the different kinds of color blindness? I have a friend who plays with us and he is red/green color bind and when you see friends and enemies on the maps, they are red and green and it is very difficult for him to differentiate between friend and foe. Just a way to mandate what pallet is available for the user.

Most of the graphics have the color built-in to the graphic, so it's actually pretty difficult to change the palette on the icons and frames without a full theme replacement (which is a campaign wide change for GM and players).

Regards,
    JPG

Thank you so much for such a quick response. No matter what, this is a great product and he said he will just have to get used to the differences he can ascertain and other player input.

Blog Entries
    My suggestion might be that you use more dramatic differences between 'friendly' and 'enemy' tokens. If all Friendlies are square and all Enemies are round... or something like that.. it'll make it visually obvious.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Just kill them, they'll turn on you later....

I can sympathize with this. My son is hardcore colorblind. The only colors that need an option for people like my son are combat tracker colors for friends and enemies (shades of grey), and token underlay colors for friends and enemies (again, shades of grey). No other graphics need be bothered with for options. I know he could totally live with other colors. Friends and enemies are the big one (red/green).

Wouldn't have to change the palette, just the icons themselves. Frowny skull face for Enemy. Line mouth for Neutral. Smile for Friendly or something? The colors could stay since the happy/sad/whatevs skull would also show faction.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by brautigan1 View Post
    I can sympathize with this. My son is hardcore colorblind. The only colors that need an option for people like my son are combat tracker colors for friends and enemies (shades of grey), and token underlay colors for friends and enemies (again, shades of grey). No other graphics need be bothered with for options. I know he could totally live with other colors. Friends and enemies are the big one (red/green).
    In the meantime.. try my suggestion. Different shaped tokens for friends and enemies.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

It's a good suggestion, but it doesn't address the combat tracker. Having to read and keep track of all the names can be a pain, and sometimes a GM might change an enemy faction, etc. Anyways, the fact is that FG needs some UI options, anyway. It doesn't have to be color-blind focused, but players and GM's alike should be able to set window colors, text colors, etc. Maybe some day...

Thread Information