DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Drag and Drop from parsed 4E books?

So I used the 4E parse utility here in the forums to scrape the compendium using my D&D Insiders subscription. What I as wondering was if it supported dragging and dropping things onto a character sheet during character creation, or if there's just something I'm doing wrong.

For example, using the official 5E content I can drag my class to my character sheet and it will fill in a bunch of info (hit dice, abilities, etc), then I can drag my race over and it will fill in more info (ability score changes, base movement, etc).

However I tested this out using the modules I'd scraped from Wizards and it didn't work. These are the steps I took:

- Opened character sheet.
    - Clicked Library.
    - Clicked 4E Player's Handbook under Compendium.
    - Clicked on Classes.
    - Dragged Barbarian to the sheet and released.

Doing the above, nothing happened. Is this by design, or is there something I either need to do differently in setting up this campaign, or something I did wrong when parsing the book? Thanks.

A couple of things I've noticed:

- I can duplicate this issue in a 5e campaign if I don't select "5E - Wizards Theme" under the campaign settings.
    - Some things appear to work. For example I was able to drag a Maul from the Items - Weapon section of the PHB to my Inventory screen, and I can drag Powers to the Powers tab.

The drag and drop character options support from the rulebooks is new to the 5E ruleset, so it doesn't exist in the 3.5E or 4E rulesets.

Powers/spells and items are draggable in 3.5E, PFRPG, 4E and 5E rulesets.

Regards,
    JPG

Excellent, thanks!

Thread Information