FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 17 First 123412 ... Last

Updated to fix a couple of problems:
    Fixed drop of items on top of other items causing the creation of multiple copies
    Fixed NPC attacks using "Unarmed Combat"

Evening Chaps, this looks excellent, downloaded it and about to give it a whirl.

I've had my graphics people at work knock up a few toons and a basic room for me to play with tomorrow night.

Here's the example room, she's very good I think, trying to convince them to make a few packs worth of goodies.

Attachment 10618

Cheers
    MBM

Very nice! What software do your people use?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Evening Chaps, this looks excellent, downloaded it and about to give it a whirl.

I've had my graphics people at work knock up a few toons and a basic room for me to play with tomorrow night.

Here's the example room, she's very good I think, trying to convince them to make a few packs worth of goodies.

Attachment 10618

Cheers
    MBM
    Nice job MadBeardMan!

Morning,

They use Photoshop (CS5 I think).

The artists do all the painting for my wargaming company that I run with a friend. But in the evenings and spare days they love drawing this kind of thing but don't know where to start. So in return for helping them they're hopefully going to create a good number of things (for me to start) but for then to hopefully sell in packs here for other players. I've not found a massive number of good images for SR so I hope we can sort that out.

Here's another example, the scale is wrong, should be 128x128 but its just a tester. This is a female elf mage, she's casting a spell whilst dressed for a night out dancing. The green ring around her is something I am going to see if I can show their state of health (green-yellow-orange-red) - not sure on how to do this yet.

Attachment 10622

So to finish, we're looking for ideas for graphic packs for other players. If you have any ideas drop me a message.

@Ian, if you need any help on this drop me a message, I'd love to move forward with this.

Cheers
    Colin aka MBM

Very cool! You're right, I have found it difficult to find good tokens and map tiles for Shadowrun.

Evening Folks,

Tonight went better than expected, only a few things I need to ask but I'm very impressed, makes casting spells soooo much quicker and all that stuff, very good job!

1. How do I add weapons to my NPC's? I see in the tool-tip (very very hard to read) 'Colt Manhunter {Heavy Pistols, DV 5P, AP -1, SA, RC 0, 16(c), smartgun}' What am I doing wrong here, spells work, they become highlightable words that I then drag the dice into the combat tracker and drop it onto the PC, but can't seem be able to do that with weapons.
    2. Can't seem to drag/drop Cyberware into Character sheets, is there anyway to link these to stats/skills?

And the final thing, Combat Tracker. I can't seem to work it out, Next Actor appears to be start a new round, and I see Pass appear for some toons and the target seems to do nothing, so if there's a link to a video or something for SR4 that would be ace.

Great work though, very good, quite impressed.

One bug though, Fireball, reports P damage in the results chat box, but then updates Stun Damage on the PC.

Cheers
    Colin

Great to hear it went well.

Thanks for taking the time to post your experiences, I really appreciate it!

1. The tooltip is not too clear... The format uses square brackets and entries are separated by semi-colons:
    Colt Manhunter [Heavy Pistols, DV 5P, AP -1, SA, RC 0, 16(c), smartgun]
    where:
    * the 'Heavy Pistols' is the weapon category
    * DV is the weapon Damage Value
    * AP is the Armour Piercing
    * SA is the fire mode
    (If a weapon has multiple fire modes, you should duplicate the weapon for each)
    - * SS - Single Shot
    - * SA - Semi Automatic
    - * SB - Short Wide Burst (-2 Defense Pool)
    - * SNB Short Narrow Burst (+2 DV)
    - * LB - Long Wide Burst (-5 Defense Pool)
    - * LNB - Long Narrow Burst (+5 DV)
    - * FA - Wide Full Auto (-9 Defense Pool)
    - * NFA - Narrow Full Auto (+9 DV)
    * RC is the recoil (currently ignored in the automation)
    * 16(c) is the ammo capacity and type (currently ignored in the automation)
    * smartgun is where you add any other notes.
    This format is taken from the published adventures so you can copy and paste, though I admit, there are some variations and so you'll have to edit in many cases.

For melee weapons or critter attacks:
    Sword [Blades, Reach 0, DV 3P, AP -1]
    where:
    * 'Blades' is the weapon category - use 'Unarmed Combat' for critters
    * DV is the weapon Damage Value
    * AP is the Armour Piercing

2. I haven't done a cyberware library or drag/drop yet, it is on the list of things to do. Linking to the stats will be tricky as there are so many possible variations. You can, however manually add the mods to skills and stats (for skills, right click on the skill and select add modifier, then choose the modifier type and description).

For the combat tracker:
    on the GMs view, in the attack section there is a check box to mark if initiative has been rolled. On the menu you can roll all NPC initiatives (make sure the PC/NPC sheet has the number of initiative passes set to above 0 or he won't get to act!). When the initiative is rolled (either through the menu or on the sheet) the result and the number of passes is populated on the combat tracker and the initiative order set up.
    Hitting next actor will select the first and then subsequent actors in turn, as each actor acts, you will see the passes value decrement. when everyone has acted once, the next actor button will cause the marker to return to the first actor with remaining passes (value still above 0). When all characters have no passes left, the next actor button will move to the next round, reerolling NPC initiatives. The characters should re-roll theirs.

I'll take a look at the Fireball damage and fix it.

Morning Ian,

Thanks for your detailed response to my questions. My group and I are already talking underway on FB going through things and the two test players are singing the enjoyment that from their point of view things are pretty much there once the character is set up.

So going back to my questions.

1. I'm sure I did try [] square brackets, will be try again. The published adventures, are you talking about the monthly scenarios sold on DriveThruRPG etc, that are in seasons? If so that's great, we're running though them and are on Misson 04-03 Rally Cry next up.
    2. No worries on this. I myself could see it could well be a real headache, so if you want any help let me know.

Lastly the look and feel. I was finding on my gaming rig that clicking the checkboxes was very hard. I run 1440p so they're sooooo tiny it hurts. Do you have any issues if I start to get my graphics folks looking at updating the entire look and feel. I know this is a huge job so it'll be done over time.

Anyway this is still all good and once I get the hang of the combat tracker then I'm sure I can worry about setting up the story/encounters.

Cheers
    Col

I am sorry to ask, because I feel it should be very obvious. But can I use this module to run a SR5E session? If not, what might be some suggestions on doing so.

Thanks

Thread Information