5E Character Create Playlist
Page 3 of 7 First 12345 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    The multiple types are combined using AND, not OR. There's no way to do OR right now; this the Holy Avenger example on wiki.

Regards,
    JPG
    Ah, right, after playing about with it some more I understand it all now. Divine Smite works as long as you have separate effects, one for Fiend and one for undead. Also the Dwarven Thrower is now mysteriously working as shown in the Wiki; so the conclusion is that I must have been doing it wrong yesterday. The lesson is that I should spend several more hours testing things out before rushing to post

Kudos again for the additional functionality.

So, in regards to the new conditions in the effects window of 3.5/PF and possibly other rulesets, how hard would it be to have a duration field in the effect window so those generic conditions could be applied with a duration? The alternate would be a remove button to easily remove the effects, but that's not something the code can do.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Updates

• [5E] Data updates to PHB, MM, LMoP, HotDQ and RoT modules.

JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Nickademus View Post
    So, in regards to the new conditions in the effects window of 3.5/PF and possibly other rulesets, how hard would it be to have a duration field in the effect window so those generic conditions could be applied with a duration? The alternate would be a remove button to easily remove the effects, but that's not something the code can do.
    I don't understand the question, every place I normally deal with effects (PC sheet, NPC sheet, CT, and Effects Window launched from the desktop button) in the PF ruleset there is a duration that can be set. Which window are you referring to? Sorry if I'm being dense.

D.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Updates

• [5E] Data updates to PHB, MM, LMoP, HotDQ and RoT modules.

JPG
    I found a weirdness, maybe an errata of something like that, in the LMoP adventure module. It's at P0-07 Adventure Hook:

The "Roleplaying and Inspiration" text enters in conflict with its Starter Set printed version. The Fantasy Grounds version says,

"When a player roleplays a negative personality trait or gives in to the drawbacks presented by a bond or flaw, you can give that player one inspiration as a reward. A player with inspiration can use it in a situation where his or her character's personality traits, ideal, or bond relate to what's happening. Spending inspiration gives the character advantage on one ability check, attack roll, or saving throw. A character can have only one inspiration at a time." (emphasis mine for the troublesome phrase)

This doesn't match with the printed text in the Starter Set, p. 4:

"When a player roleplays a negative personality trait or gives in to the drawbacks presented by a bond or flaw, you can give that player one inspiration as a reward. The Player can then spend it when his or her character makes and ability check, an attack roll, or a saving throw. Spending inspiration gives the character advantage on one ability check, attack roll, or saving throw. A character can have only one inspiration at a time. A clever player might spend the inspiration to counteract disadvantage on a roll. A character can have only one inspiration at a time."

The aforementioned non-matching phrase involves a different, more restricted, usage for Inspiration, and it's confusing to have this contradiction.

I'm intrigued about the origin of such LMoP Fantasy Grounds difference, but anyway since that rule isn't reflected in the updated Basic Rules 3.4 version, nor in the LMoP printed adventure, I'm reporting it as errata or weirdness to be substituted for the actual text.
    "We adore chaos because we love to produce order."
    M.C. Escher

"Let's face it: for some people, roleplaying is a serious challenge, a life-or-death struggle."
    J. M. Caparula / Scott Haring

"It emerges that physics is basic but inessential; that is the crucial fact."
    Wolfgang Smith

Quote Originally Posted by darrenan View Post
    I don't understand the question, every place I normally deal with effects (PC sheet, NPC sheet, CT, and Effects Window launched from the desktop button) in the PF ruleset there is a duration that can be set. Which window are you referring to? Sorry if I'm being dense.

D.
    The list of conditions that were added in the last update, on the left side of the the Effects Window. They are just buttons and have no way (that I know of) to attach a duration to the effect.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Blog Entries
    It's really easy to add a duration to the effect... just type a number in beside it in the combat tracker.
    Most of those effects are semi-permanent.. things that end when they end but don't really have a duration.
    'Prone' ends when you get up.. as does 'Sitting' and.. well.. most of the others... well... I don't suppose it would be all that bad to put a duration box at the top of the window that got read by any of the buttons that got pressed... it would be best if it were a dice field because 'some' of those effects get applied with a random duration... it just gets more and more complex.
    Full License Operator - You must have a 'Lite' License to play in my games.
    Member and GM in the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder Society Group.
    PFS Fantasy Grounds Forum
    FG Community Teamspeak Server: ts.fg-con.com
    Interested in Custom Character Portraits and Tokens? Contact me.

Updates

• [SW] Character converter support added for Hero Lab to Fantasy Grounds for Savage Worlds, thanks to Ian Ward.

Note: I am asking that people that are familiar with the Savage Worlds ruleset and have the Hero Lab addition to give it a spin.

Thanks,
    JPG

Do the players need to be running the test version also, if you're running it as DM?
    Time Zone - Mountain Standard
    Looking to Play
    Looking to DM- considering doing some AL stuff in FG

Quote Originally Posted by crb31 View Post
    Do the players need to be running the test version also, if you're running it as DM?
    Yes, the Players need to be running the same version as the GM or you'll get some strange problems

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz