DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 6 First 12345 ... Last
    Note, if you already have a FG license you don't either can't buy it or you lose a license with that 4 pack, can't remember which off hand. Doug will correct me if wrong though.

Blog Entries
    It took me a while to figure out what you were trying to say, but I think you are referring to how Steam lets you buy the 4-pack if you don't already own Fantasy Grounds, but doesn't let you buy an additional 4-pack once you own "any" version of Fantasy Grounds on Steam. I think that is just an issue with Steam, but is something that I haven't seen an ETA for a fix on it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    It took me a while to figure out what you were trying to say, but I think you are referring to how Steam lets you buy the 4-pack if you don't already own Fantasy Grounds, but doesn't let you buy an additional 4-pack once you own "any" version of Fantasy Grounds on Steam. I think that is just an issue with Steam, but is something that I haven't seen an ETA for a fix on it yet.
    My plan is to buy the Ultimate version since I will be the primary DM. But some of my players may take the reins of DM if I end up unable to for a bit or want to play. If that happens, they will need a copy of FG that is GM capable. I assume this would be the most cost effective way to get a bunch of licenses for them

Quote Originally Posted by rtaylor1976 View Post
    My plan is to buy the Ultimate version since I will be the primary DM. But some of my players may take the reins of DM if I end up unable to for a bit or want to play. If that happens, they will need a copy of FG that is GM capable. I assume this would be the most cost effective way to get a bunch of licenses for them
    Note - if the GM has a full licence then everyone who is playing must have at last a full licence also. The bundle on Steam is the most cost effective way of getting multiple full licences and the sale at the moment makes it even better value.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

This sale got me to upgrade to Ultimate and grabbed the 5E Complete Core Class Pack.

Finally bought my full license. As a subscriber before wasn't able to purchase FG on Steam as it says already purchased, so purchased via FG store. (thanks for help with that issue Doug)

Also got Complete Core Classes, Complete Core Monster Pack and Dragon modules.

Why aren't they just called Player's Manual & Monster Manual, thats the name used in the Libraries anyway?

Blog Entries
    Good work vikingbrad!
    You wanna run a 5e session at FGDaze? See here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ze-has-arrived!

I believe that this is probably a merketing decision by the Wizards. The Players Handbook is a Book and the Monster Manual is a Manual. FG Products dont really look and feel like books (not compared to the physical thing anyway) and they probably wanted to make sure that people didnt think that buying the Players Handbook on Fantasy Grounds would give them something they could pass around the table at a face to face group....
    Thats my guess anyway!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Good work vikingbrad!
    I believe that this is probably a merketing decision by the Wizards. The Players Handbook is a Book and the Monster Manual is a Manual. FG Products dont really look and feel like books (not compared to the physical thing anyway) and they probably wanted to make sure that people didnt think that buying the Players Handbook on Fantasy Grounds would give them something they could pass around the table at a face to face group....
    Thats my guess anyway!
    I'm still waiting for people on Reddit or Facebook to post they bought them because they thought they were .pdfs of the books.
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

Blog Entries
    Just picked up Core Complete Classes and Monster Pack! Thanks for the sale, Doug!

Blog Entries
    Yes on the names. They had to go through approval and were changed to reflect the name selected by Wizards of the Coast. The modules were already built at this point and we didn't want to break anything with a name change there.

Thread Information