5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 3 of 8 First 12345 ... Last
    You are setting the effect target when running your test without the extension, correct? I just want to make sure: When you expand the effects, it should say something like "Targets:" and list the names when set properly. I have not been able to get effects that modify heals with an effect target to trigger with or without the extension. Let me know.
    Thanks!
    +2 License of Ultimate Hosting
    Current Projects: Murder in Baldur's Gate Module
    Completed Projects: Curse of Strahd module, Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide Module, Out of the Abyss Module, Legacy of the Crystal Shard Module, Scourge of the Sword Coast Module, Effect Targeting Extension (5e), Unearthed Arcana: Vitality Extension

Attachment 10988 Without the extension. Works as expected. Expends the HEAL and adds it to the Heal action ROLL and heals whatever I have targeted.
    Attachment 10989

Ahh, I think there might just be some confusion about what the extension does.

Effect Target is a feature of effects that exists in Vanilla FG. My extension doesn't add it, it just makes it simpler to use in some cases. I was trying to describe how you have to set it up above. I think images will be more helpful.
    All of the following are taken without the extension.
    Here is what the CT looks like if you do not have the Effect Target set:
    Attachment 10990
    And here is what the CT looks like with the same effect if you do have the Effect Target set:
    Attachment 10991

The Target determines where the effect goes, the Effect Target just limits when the ability kicks off (it's either a limitation on the source or the target depending on the type of ability).

As an example, consider the effect "HEAL: 1d6; [SELF]"

Without the Effect Target set, using that will put an effect on you that modifies all healing you do by 1d6.
    With the Effect Target set to you, it should put an effect on you that modifies healing you do just to yourself by 1d6. (not functioning properly in core FG)
    With the Effect Target set to someone else, it should put an effect on you that modifies healing you do just to the effect target by 1d6. (not functioning properly in core FG)

Effect Target can be set using this button:
    Attachment 10992

Are we on the same page, or did I misunderstand something?
    Completed Projects: Curse of Strahd module, Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide Module, Out of the Abyss Module, Legacy of the Crystal Shard Module, Scourge of the Sword Coast Module, Effect Targeting Extension (5e), Unearthed Arcana: Vitality Extension

Words...hard. I got it now. Relatively new to Fantasy Grounds, so I didn't realize effects could also have targets. Well I did, but I misunderstood and thought this extension allowed for that, but now I understand I was wrong. In any case, yes you are correct, if the effect has a target and it is a HEAL, it does not expend with or without the extension, so I concur, it has to be a bug in Fantasy Grounds.

It's cool. It's a tricky and kind of hidden feature, and everyone gets tunnel-vision when they think someone isn't hearing them. I'll report the issue. Let me know if you find anything else.

I got a chance to look into this just now. The HEAL effect does not support "targeting". None of the D&D versions have targeted healing effects currently.

Effects that support targeting are specifically called out in the wiki page.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...php/5E_Effects
    (i.e. ATK, AC, DMG, Invisible, RESIST, VULN, IMMUNE, COVER, SCOVER, ADVATK, DISATK, GRANTADVATK, GRANTDISATK)

Regards,
    JPG

Ahh, yes. I'd forgotten that there was a list of which effects did and did not support targeting. Thanks for taking a look.

Quote Originally Posted by poppy_thompson View Post
    Ok ... I was going to bypass this old campaign/new campaign issue that was causing this problem by creating a new campaign and transferring all the data over. I went through the process by opening two sessions of FG and creating the new campaign in the second session. I named it, gave it a password and turned on all the extensions from the old campaign. When it finished loading, I opened all the modules required for the old campaign. The MM was, of course, one of these modules. My first order of business, before transferring any data (exporting and importing characters, etc.), was to test Balor! SAME ISSUE!!! AGGGGGHHHHH! Why is it doing this to MEEEEEE! It had to be me, right?! RIGHT! I wouldn't be so damn paranoid, IF everyone wasn't out to get me!

Once my fit was over, I processed the situation. I had two campaigns that I had created very recently. One worked properly, The other didn't. The new campaign I created to test the MM like Galdrin, worked. What was different?

<lightbulb> ... EXTENSIONS!

I went back to the original (old) campaign and turned off all the extensions. IT WORKED! BALOR WORKED PROPERLY!

The next question ... which one? I didn't want to think about if it was a combination of two or more. I am not that good or smart to figure that one out in a timely manner. I had quite a few extensions turned on.

I started turning them off one by one, logging in, testing Balor, logging out, rinse, repeat.

It eventually came down to the Effect Targeting Enhancement v0.3 for FG v3.1.0 5E ruleset. When I turned it off, BALOR WORKED! (I also tested it with an Erinyes) Obviously, I went to the community page to make sure I had the most updated version. I downloaded the version linked to Comment #1. When it was turned on, Balor/Erinyes didn't work. When I turned it off, they worked.
    This is a comment I post in the 5E Bug Reports forum. The conversion starts at Comment #43. I thought it should be posted here, as well.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Time Zone: U.S. Eastern (GMT -5 or -4; Check Local Listings)
    DM: D&D 5E - Out of the Abyss
    Player: Homebrew Worlds on FG and Waterdeep Dragon Heist Live

Yeah, I was reading the summary of the issue from the bug thread, and was wondering, myself, if it was an extension issue. Then I saw the cause was this extension and was rather unsurprised. I have been meaning to come back and update mine, it has been a while since they were compatible. I knew compatibility was an issue, but I guess I was discouraged by the lack of any reports that that was the problem. Since this is the first report I've seen of someone using one of my extensions since they became incompatible, I guess I'll go ahead and update them. ;-)

I've updated the Effect Targeting Enhancement to be compatible with FG 3.1.5

Thread Information