5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Newbie DM question RE: XP

So I've gone through the wiki and user guides, and I cant seem to find the answer, maybe I'm just being dense, however:

How do I award exp to the players after an encounter or series of encounters?

I have made the encounters (including exp value) moved them to the combat tracker, party fights and is victorious, I then drag the encounter to the party sheet, where the info is displayed (including exp value) and then what? Is there an auto distribute function I'm missing? Or is it just a case of do the math and manually hand out the exp, then check the encounter as awarded?

Any advice appreciated, even if its just a link to the thread this is covered in already

Benas Maelwys

*Edit* Not two minutes after posting this I finally thought to try the radial menu on the exp tab, well that answers that question! Any mod feel free to scrap this thread.
    Last edited by Benas Maelwys; May 29th, 2015 at 01:17.

If you think there should be a way to do something then right clicking over it is a good thing to try anywhere within Fantasy Grounds. Many, many things can be done from sneaky radial menus which appear when you do

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Benas Maelwys View Post
    So I've gone through the wiki and user guides, and I cant seem to find the answer, maybe I'm just being dense, however:

How do I award exp to the players after an encounter or series of encounters?

I have made the encounters (including exp value) moved them to the combat tracker, party fights and is victorious, I then drag the encounter to the party sheet, where the info is displayed (including exp value) and then what? Is there an auto distribute function I'm missing? Or is it just a case of do the math and manually hand out the exp, then check the encounter as awarded?

Any advice appreciated, even if its just a link to the thread this is covered in already

Benas Maelwys

*Edit* Not two minutes after posting this I finally thought to try the radial menu on the exp tab, well that answers that question! Any mod feel free to scrap this thread.
    and if you had trouble someone else will too - dont scrap the post.

The question I have is about awarding XP. I know that the party sheet will divide XP bundles for quest rewards and encounters. Is there a way to have each player get the maximum amount without dividing it? ie., I set up a quest reward at 100 XP and reward all four players 100 XP instead of 25 XP?

Quote Originally Posted by Daelkyr View Post
    The question I have is about awarding XP. I know that the party sheet will divide XP bundles for quest rewards and encounters. Is there a way to have each player get the maximum amount without dividing it? ie., I set up a quest reward at 100 XP and reward all four players 100 XP instead of 25 XP?
    I don't know, I've never tried - I simply award 400XP and then let it divide by 4.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

You can award xp to players directly by adding the amount into their character sheet; there isn't however a way to limit or direct a specific amount of xp to a particular player. If you want to award a specific number to each player then as dulux says multiply the amount by the number of players.

Be aware you can type /mod 100 and then drag and drop this into chat and tell the player to drag and drop this into experience. However, usually I'm like dulux-oz, I'll just multiply the award by the number of PCs.

Quote Originally Posted by Griogre View Post
    Be aware you can type /mod 100 and then drag and drop this into chat and tell the player to drag and drop this into experience.
    This is why this guy has nearly 6,000 posts; he almost knows as much as damned and dulux.

This I didn't know so another useful thing learned from someone else's post

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    This is why this guy has nearly 6,000 posts; he almost knows as much as damned and dulux.

This I didn't know so another useful thing learned from someone else's post
    Griogre was already here the last time the oceans covered the land. He knows *so much* stuff.

Thread Information