5E Character Create Playlist
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
    Wondering if we should add a collection of ready made rooms to the new Dungeon Map Tiles II pack, or if the ready-made-rooms should be a stand alone pack.

Here is a sample ready made room, a simple store room with a crate and a few barrels with a candle on a barrel. Did it as a test to see what I could do...

Tailz, the Artist of Studio WyldFurr
    Follow Studio WyldFurr on Twitter, Facebook, and the studio web site.
    "The London Underground, is not a resistance movement!"

I have just wrapped up all of the pre-production packs into one big jumbo zip file and I have posted it to RPGnow.com as the finial Dungeon Map Tiles II set. Although I am calling this the finial build of the set, please remember that I have a tendency to add stuff later on when inspiration hits (as was the case with the diagonal map tiles that were not in the first set).

Many thanks to everyone who purchased the pre-production packs, your support helps to keep me going. Everything that is in the pre-production packs, is in the jumbo pack on RPGnow.com - the only difference being it is all in one pack instead of a number of little packs.

So what now? As some of you have been asking, and as I have hinted at, the next big project is going to be the Cave Map Tiles set. Plus I am going to be making a bunch of Ready Made Rooms for Dungeon Map Tiles sets I and II.
    Last edited by Tailz Silver Paws; July 23rd, 2015 at 05:08. Reason: Fixed up my broken HTML code.

Awesome stuff! Off to DTRPG I go... :-)
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Awesome stuff! Off to DTRPG I go... :-)
    Thanks, but to make things even better - now is the time to go shopping as RPGnow.com is running their 25% off Christmas in July sale!

I cant figure out how to use these little tiles to make a map to utilize from so I have avoided buying anything like them for the last 2 years. I much prefer to use my own maps that fit with the encounter I am trying to provide the players. Using GIMP with my skill set don't combine to make great maps. Is there like a YouTube video that shows a Windows user with GIMP how to take these tiles and make a dungeon, wilderness road area, or a castle ruins ...etc etc that I can learn from. Would likely increase the sales of these products because I know several folks that have no clue how to make maps from those little pieces of tiles you guys make so nicely and try to bring to market.

V/r ...JerryRig

Ultimate License Owner
    Member: THAC0 group

AWESOME ...will share this with the others I know have looked at the map pieces stuff before and walked away clueless.

Ultimate License Owner
    Member: THAC0 group

Quote Originally Posted by JerryRig View Post
    AWESOME ...will share this with the others I know have looked at the map pieces stuff before and walked away clueless.
    I hope the tutorial and small youtube video help. I plan to make another youtube tutorial video when I have the time and better screen capture software.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryRig View Post
    Check out Tiled https://www.mapeditor.org/
    Its more efficient I think since you don't have to manage a ton of meaningless layers. It has lots of advanced features, but laying down a quick point and click map is super easy.

Quote Originally Posted by etropic View Post
    Its more efficient I think since you don't have to manage a ton of meaningless layers. It has lots of advanced features, but laying down a quick point and click map is super easy.
    If you're using GIMP with map tiles, you don't need to fiddle with layers in GIMP. Set up your grid, turn "snap to grid" on, and drop tiles onto the background layer.

Thread Information