5E Character Create Playlist
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    The "large tower" map tiles are ready to go and just uploaded the zip files for them to the Studio store. Here is a little demo of the new tiles in use...

Tailz, the Artist of Studio WyldFurr
    Follow Studio WyldFurr on Twitter, Facebook, and the studio web site.
    "The London Underground, is not a resistance movement!"

We goofed and forgot to put four tiles into Pack #4. We have added an extra zip file that contains the missing map tiles. Just go to your downloads and you should see a download titled: Dungeon Map Tiles II Pack #4 - The Missing Tiles. Sorry about that...

Quote Originally Posted by Tailz Silver Paws View Post
    The "large tower" map tiles are ready to go and just uploaded the zip files for them to the Studio store.
    Is each of those squares that fade in a different tile?

I have the first dungeon pack and use it a bit, but I really only find it useful for rectangular rooms. It would be nice to have some diagonal walls and even curves for round rooms. From the look of it, that large tower is made up of a few curved tiles and might be able to be used to make a curved dungeon wall. Still need diagonal wall, but it's a start.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickademus View Post
    Is each of those squares that fade in a different tile?
    Yup!

But because of the shadowing nature of the curved wall sections, they are multi-tile blocks to fit all the artwork for a section of curve until the wall meets up nicely on the edge of a tile. So I use PNG images to retain transparency in areas that don't effect a whole tile within the multi-tile block.

I have the first dungeon pack and use it a bit, but I really only find it useful for rectangular rooms.
    There are curved wall tiles for the first set. The first set has curved walls with a 5ft radius, while the second set has that plus another set with a 10ft radius.

If you only have the first pack from the first set, you will be missing out on all the other stuff I made for the first set: pit traps, curved walls, outdoors tiles, etc. You can find a full list of all the tiles here: Dungeon Map Tiles.

It would be nice to have some diagonal walls and even curves for round rooms. From the look of it, that large tower is made up of a few curved tiles and might be able to be used to make a curved dungeon wall.
    Still need diagonal wall, but it's a start.
    I'll have a look at making some diagonal wall tiles. I had thought about making them but I thought they would be too clunky to use as anything other that multi tile blocks like the tiles I make for the curved wall sections. But I'll have a tinker and see what I come up with.
    Last edited by Tailz Silver Paws; July 14th, 2015 at 01:46. Reason: spelling...

I have the first Dungeon Map Tiles. It has Pack #1-4. This is what I meant by the first one.

There are curved wall tiles for the first set. The first set has curved walls with a 5ft radius, while the second set has that plus another set with a 10ft radius.
    The 5'-radius curves aren't really what I was talking about as they are just curved corners. I'm referring more to a curve that would span two to four tiles. If you have a 10'-radius curve, that's a start. I didn't see those when I was looking through the Tiles II, or are you referring to this tower pack.

I'll have a look at making some diagonal wall tiles. I had thought about making them but I thought they would be too clunky to use as anything other that multi tile blocks like the tiles I make for the curved wall sections. But I'll have a tinker and see what I come up with.
    I threw together a diagonal tile to use. It wasn't that hard, but there is the issue of that little bit of wall between the straight wall and diagonal on each side. Multi-tile might be a better idea. I just made three tiles with transparency and layered them.

BTW, I didn't see Tiles II on DriveThruRPG, only the first. Have you not released it there yet?

I have the first Dungeon Map Tiles. It has Pack #1-4. This is what I meant by the first one.
    Did you get the packs via my studio store or DriveThruRPG? The pack on DriveThruRPG should have all of the series one packs. There have been a few updates, so you might want to go and download it again if you got it from DriveThruRPG.

The 5'-radius curves aren't really what I was talking about as they are just curved corners. I'm referring more to a curve that would span two to four tiles. If you have a 10'-radius curve, that's a start. I didn't see those when I was looking through the Tiles II, or are you referring to this tower pack.
    I use the 5ft radius and 10ft radius tiles to make towers, so I always called them towers. The tiles are duel use, I might call them towers, but the elements can also make round rooms.

I threw together a diagonal tile to use. It wasn't that hard, but there is the issue of that little bit of wall between the straight wall and diagonal on each side. Multi-tile might be a better idea. I just made three tiles with transparency and layered them.
    After reading your post, it got me thinking and I started to doodle and this is what I have come up with: Pack #6.

BTW, I didn't see Tiles II on DriveThruRPG, only the first. Have you not released it there yet?
    I have not published the second series to DriveThruRPG yet as there are a few more things I want to do first.
    Last edited by Tailz Silver Paws; July 14th, 2015 at 10:55. Reason: fixing html code

I'm assuming the white area "between walls" can be removed with a background layer being added?

Did you get the packs via my studio store or DriveThruRPG? The pack on DriveThruRPG should have all of the series one packs. There have been a few updates, so you might want to go and download it again if you got it from DriveThruRPG.
    I'll check.

After reading your post, it got me thinking and I started to doodle and this is what I have come up with
    Yep, that looks great. Would it be possible to make diagonals with the first tile set? (Not as fond of the texture of Tiles II.)

I have not published the second series to DriveThruRPG yet as there are a few more things I want to do first.
    Alright, I'll check out Studio WyldFurr.

....Alright, I'll check out Studio WyldFurr.
    That is where I get the maps... Keep up the good work Tailz

Quote Originally Posted by kylania View Post
    I'm assuming the white area "between walls" can be removed with a background layer being added?
    If your handy with a graphics editing program you could, but I have not designed it that way. The white pixels are pixels, not transparency (unless noted as some tiles have transparency so you can use them as overlays).

I used white because pretty much every graphics editing program (such as Photoshop or Gimp) opens a new canvas with a white background - and since I wanted this to be something that people with no graphics editing experience can simply drag'n'drop onto the canvas - white was the best option.

Yep, that looks great. Would it be possible to make diagonals with the first tile set? (Not as fond of the texture of Tiles II.)
    I'll see how I am going for time.

Quote Originally Posted by WhtZombie View Post
    That is where I get the maps... Keep up the good work Tailz
    Thank-you for your support!

Thread Information