STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Setting up Bardic Inspiration Group
    You can also set up as an ability group for later additional uses of bardic inspiration.

1. Click Edit button at bottom of PC Actions tab. (Brown circle with white slash)
    2. Click Add Power button that appears next to edit button.
    3. Type "Bardic Inspiration" in both the power name and power group fields.
    4. Once you finish editing the group field (i.e. click on another field), a new ability group will be created labeled "Bardic Inspiration".
    5. Click on the magnifying glass next to Bardic Inspiration to open the group details window.
    6. Set the Ability field to Charisma.
    7. Set the Uses field to match your Charisma modifier.
    8. Close the group details window.
    9. Click Edit button to turn off editing on the PC Actions tab.

When you get Font of Inspiration, change the Uses field to use the per "Rest" option.

Another option to set up:

1. Click shortcut for Bardic Inspiration ability on the PC Abilities tab.
    2. Change to the PC Actions tab.
    3. Drag the shortcut link in upper left of Bardic Inspiration details window onto PC Actions tab.
    4. Set the group field of the new power to "Bardic Inspiration".
    5. Complete steps 4-8 above.

Adding ability to Bardic Inspiration Group
    When you later get an ability that uses your Bardic Inspiration dice (i.e. Cutting Words, etc.);

1. Click Edit button on PC Actions tab.
    2. Click green Add button in Bardic Inspiration ability group header. (green circle with plus)
    3. Type "Cutting Words" (or relevant ability name) in the new power name field.
    4. Click Edit button to turn off editing on the PC Actions tab.

Another option to set up.

1. Click shortcut for Cutting Words ability (or relevant ability) on the PC Abilities tab.
    2. Change to the PC Actions tab.
    3. Drag the shortcut link in upper left of ability details window onto PC Actions tab.
    4. Set the group field of the new power to "Bardic Inspiration".

Notes
    If you follow these steps, then the Bardic Inspiration group encapsulates the number of "points" (i.e. dice) you have to spend.

Cheers,
    JPG
    Thank you so much!!!!
    Last edited by dudurban; October 22nd, 2019 at 17:58. Reason: quote

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Its not full automation by a long shot but this works for attack and damage rolls -

You do your roll as normal and the result hits the chat window.
    I attacked the Hobgoblin Captain with my Sabre - rolled 9 +5 bonuses = 14 and fantasy grounds declares a miss
    I use my Bardic Inspiration and i throw a d6 into the Chat window = 4!

Now drag the 4 from the Chat window onto the Modifier box and then go back to chat and drag the 9+5=14 result back onto the hobgoblin and it will recalculate - its a Hit!
    This is super helpful from a miss to a hit situation in regards to attacks!

My question is if there's a similar trick you can do with the Chat window that works for Saves? If for example someone casts Charm Person on you and you fail the WIS Save, is there a way to add a d6 roll after the fact? Or would you just roll it and do mental math to compare the result to the DC stated in the Chat window? I didn't know if missed or failed Saves were more like attacks or skill/ability checks...

BI with Saves.png

It utilizes the same process of moving the d6 result into the modifier box and combining it with the previous result but because it is being judged a second time against a DC instead of something like an AC I don't know how to make it say... "SUCCESS". Suggestions?

-----------------------------------------

For tracking Bardic Inspiration I used something similar to what everyone else suggested but instead had an effect applied by the Bard and had a power on all the other players under a Power Group I called Consumables that checked for that effect since it is the other inspired player and not the Bard that decides when they want to use the inspiration.

Bard side was easy... Make an EFFECT, give it a 10 MIN timer and apply it to TARGETS and set to NEVER expend.

I used Rino's REMOVE Effect Tag ext for when players want to use their BI (which I named that effect that is counting for 10 min as "Inspired (1/PC)"). There are two forms that I use - one for before knowing the result and the more common option that you described above of using it after the fact.

Inspired Attempt; IF: CUSTOM(Inspired (1/PC)); ATK: 1d6; CHECK: 1d6; SAVE: 1d6; REMOVE: Inspired (1/PC); [ROLL]; [SELF]
    Inspired Failure; REMOVE: Inspired (1/PC); Drag a regular 1d6 into the chat window and drag result onto modifier box below and drag previous attack result onto target to update result; [ROLL]; [SELF]
    ^ Sometimes I use effects to give step-by-step instructions or directions to players in this way. Another example is if you want to roll CRIT damage when using the Assassinate feature of the Rogue Assassin subclass, you need to HOLD SHIFT as you drag the damage onto the target or into the Chat window to force FG to roll critical damage.
    Last edited by Shireling; March 18th, 2020 at 19:56.

It doesn't work for saves, only attack and damage rolls.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

how do i make it prompt the players with the option to use it?

Quote Originally Posted by merploc View Post
    how do i make it prompt the players with the option to use it?
    Natively FG doesn't prompt players to use Bardic Inspiration. There may be an extension that prompts the characters but I believe that it also prompts for all sorts of other rolls as well, so may not be suitable for just BI. Check out the Forge; I think it is called requested rolls or similar.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information