5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Bardic Inspiration

Is there any way to track things like Bardic Inspiration dice or Fighter Superiority dice?

Track usage, or being used, or something I have not thought of?

I am thinking something like spell slots.

I have not found a way to have ammo on Spells, yet.
    You could make an Attack action change it to Ranged, set Ammo to the CHA Mod. have them drag that over to target, it will use an ammo, after the rest reset it.

Ammo for spells and Items I think has been talked about, would be a nice addition.

Perhaps someone with more time on FG will have another answer.

I looked at trying to create an Effect that incremented each time it was used, something like Bardic Insp

You can get the Effect to show but I could not get it to go up each time I used it just got another copy.

If you did it as just BI, the caster put the effect on themselves when they cast as a way of tracking, but it adds a new effect each time atm.

So no clean way I think, others might have a trick I missed though.

Good Luck

Things like this are tricky to track so it would be nice if Fantasy Grounds did it for us.

Yes, there is a way to track this and setup the effects so you can apply it to a comrade. When your fellow party member rolls the dice it will roll the insp dice automatically when an attack, save or ability check is done.

On the Actions tab, create a power called bardic inspiration. Click the button next to mode to preparation and change the number from 0 to your CHA modifier and the box next to that to Daily. Click the stop editing button and you will see a shield next to the bardic inspiration power. Click the shield to add in whatever text you would like to document the power.

Setup an effect for roll a 1d6 for an attack roll ATK: 1d6; [ROLL]. Do the same for ability checks. e.g. CHECK: 1d6;[ROLL]. Last, setup an effect for Saving throw: SAVE: 1d6; [ROLL]. You'll need to update the dice for each effect to d8 at 5th level, d10 at 10th level and d12 at 12th level.
    Last edited by Baron28; June 2nd, 2015 at 19:41.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Timezone: UTC -6

DM: 1e Ruins of Adventure, Curse of the Azure Bonds
    DM: 5e Descent into Avernus
    D&D 1e to 5e adventures converted: Keep on the Borderlands, White Plume Mountain, Tomb of Horrors, Against the Giants, Descent into the Depths of the Earth, Shrine of the Kuo-Toa, Vault of the Drow, Queen of the Demon Web Pits
    Transitioning from D&D to DCC

May your dice rolls be ever in your favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron28 View Post
    Yes, there is a way to track this and setup the effects so you can apply it to a comrade. When your fellow party member rolls the dice it will roll the insp dice automatically when an attack, save or ability check is done.

On the Actions tab, create a power called bardic inspiration. Click the button next to mode to preparation and change the number from 0 to your CHA modifier and the box next to that to Daily. Click the stop editing button and you will see a shield next to the bardic inspiration power. Click the shield to add in whatever text you would like to document the power.

Setup an effect for roll a 1d6 for an attack roll ATK: 1d6; [ROLL]. Do the same for each ability. e.g. STR: 1d6;[ROLL]. Last, setup an effect for Saving throw: SAVE: 1d6; [ROLL]. You'll need to update the dice for each effect to d8 at 5th level, d10 at 10th level and d12 at 12th level.
    Sounds good. Can you explain how to setup an effect or post a screen shot?

Setting up Bardic Inspiration Group
    You can also set up as an ability group for later additional uses of bardic inspiration.

1. Click Edit button at bottom of PC Actions tab. (Brown circle with white slash)
    2. Click Add Power button that appears next to edit button.
    3. Type "Bardic Inspiration" in both the power name and power group fields.
    4. Once you finish editing the group field (i.e. click on another field), a new ability group will be created labeled "Bardic Inspiration".
    5. Click on the magnifying glass next to Bardic Inspiration to open the group details window.
    6. Set the Ability field to Charisma.
    7. Set the Uses field to match your Charisma modifier.
    8. Close the group details window.
    9. Click Edit button to turn off editing on the PC Actions tab.

When you get Font of Inspiration, change the Uses field to use the per "Rest" option.

Another option to set up:

1. Click shortcut for Bardic Inspiration ability on the PC Abilities tab.
    2. Change to the PC Actions tab.
    3. Drag the shortcut link in upper left of Bardic Inspiration details window onto PC Actions tab.
    4. Set the group field of the new power to "Bardic Inspiration".
    5. Complete steps 4-8 above.

Adding ability to Bardic Inspiration Group
    When you later get an ability that uses your Bardic Inspiration dice (i.e. Cutting Words, etc.);

1. Click Edit button on PC Actions tab.
    2. Click green Add button in Bardic Inspiration ability group header. (green circle with plus)
    3. Type "Cutting Words" (or relevant ability name) in the new power name field.
    4. Click Edit button to turn off editing on the PC Actions tab.

Another option to set up.

1. Click shortcut for Cutting Words ability (or relevant ability) on the PC Abilities tab.
    3. Drag the shortcut link in upper left of ability details window onto PC Actions tab.

Notes
    If you follow these steps, then the Bardic Inspiration group encapsulates the number of "points" (i.e. dice) you have to spend.

Cheers,
    JPG
    Last edited by Moon Wizard; May 27th, 2015 at 08:25.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Setting up Bardic Inspiration Group
    You can also set up as an ability group for later additional uses of bardic inspiration.

1. Click Edit button at bottom of PC Actions tab. (Brown circle with white slash)
    2. Click Add Power button that appears next to edit button.
    3. Type "Bardic Inspiration" in both the power name and power group fields.
    4. Once you finish editing the group field (i.e. click on another field), a new ability group will be created labeled "Bardic Inspiration".
    5. Click on the magnifying glass next to Bardic Inspiration to open the group details window.
    6. Set the Ability field to Charisma.
    7. Set the Uses field to match your Charisma modifier.
    8. Close the group details window.
    9. Click Edit button to turn off editing on the PC Actions tab.

When you get Font of Inspiration, change the Uses field to use the per "Rest" option.

Another option to set up:

1. Click shortcut for Bardic Inspiration ability on the PC Abilities tab.
    3. Drag the shortcut link in upper left of Bardic Inspiration details window onto PC Actions tab.
    5. Complete steps 4-8 above.

Adding ability to Bardic Inspiration Group
    When you later get an ability that uses your Bardic Inspiration dice (i.e. Cutting Words, etc.);

1. Click Edit button on PC Actions tab.
    2. Click green Add button in Bardic Inspiration ability group header. (green circle with plus)
    3. Type "Cutting Words" (or relevant ability name) in the new power name field.
    4. Click Edit button to turn off editing on the PC Actions tab.

Another option to set up.

1. Click shortcut for Cutting Words ability (or relevant ability) on the PC Abilities tab.
    3. Drag the shortcut link in upper left of ability details window onto PC Actions tab.

Notes
    If you follow these steps, then the Bardic Inspiration group encapsulates the number of "points" (i.e. dice) you have to spend.

Cheers,
    JPG
    This is awesome! Thanks!

No worries. I suggest this approach for fighter maneuvers, warlock spells and other power groups as well.

Cheers,
    JPG

Thread Information