STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

PFRPG Action Library

This module contains a collection of action "spells" that you can drag into PC or NPC caster sections on the actions tab. All of these already have the appropriate cast, damage, heal and/or effect actions attached to them. This collection is far from complete, and I will be adding to it over time. It currently contains some of the most common feats, items, and combat actions which are typically placed onto the actions tab for quick application while in combat. Having these available to drag onto your sheets should help speed up PC and NPC creation time.

If you find any issues, disagree with how I coded anything up, or want to request specific items to 'fast-track' into the next drop of this module, please reply to this thread and I will try to be as responsive as possible.

I will always maintain the most up-to-date version of this module linked to the first post of this thread.

Enjoy!

PFRPG Action Library.mod

Change History
    5/24/2015 First drop. Small selection of Combat Actions, Feats, Items and Universal Monster Abilities.
    5/25/2015 Barbarian Actions, including Unchained variants. Completed Universal Monster Abilities.
    5/28/2015 Domain and Inquisition special ability actions added.
    9/23/2017 See Post #11
    5/16/2020 Split Fighting Defensively and Total Defense each into four separate 'spells' instead of one spell with four actions.
    10/5/2020 Added some random stuff: Favored Enemy, Sneak Attack, Holy Water, Disarm Feats, Wind Stance, Bane. Added descriptions to some items that really needed them. Fixed a few effects that were incorrect.
    Last edited by darrenan; October 6th, 2020 at 00:01.

P.S. Could I get this stickied to the main Modules List thread when you have a chance? Thanks!

This is appreciated, but I hope you know that Smite Works plans to revamp the effects system (possibly including heal/damage/cast actions) so much of this might become obsolete after the Unity engine is done.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

I don't think the Unity port has anything directly to do with the structure of the rulesets, which is where the effects system comes from. The Unity port has to do with the underlying FG platform, and I specifically remember hearing that they weren't going to be changing the underlying structure (XML and LUA) of rulesets/extensions/modules for backward compatibility reasons.

Can someone from SW chime in here and shed some light please? Thanks.

Added to the modules list. Thanks for putting this together.

Note: Some effects have REMOVE: added and require the player effect removal extension to operate fully (which is a good thing - thanks for using in the library).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Made a note of dependent extensions in the first post, thanks for pointing that out Trenloe.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenan View Post
    I don't think the Unity port has anything directly to do with the structure of the rulesets, which is where the effects system comes from
    I didn't say it did. I said after they do the Unity thing, they said one of the things they were planning to do was revamp how effects were structured. The mention of Unity was just to note that it might be a while before they get to this since they are busy working on Unity at the moment.

I don't remember where I saw it, but it caused me to stop working on my actions module. I'm surprised Trenloe didn't post some info.

Also, you might be able to sweet talk Trenloe into adding a piece of code to the Remove extension that allows for the STACK tag (the code goes in the same place and thus wouldn't be any harder to update the extension). The stack tag would make things like mirror image easier since it increments an effect each time you stack it and decrements it when you Remove it. (Thus you could add the random number of images upon casting and click a Remove button to remove an image each time you were attacked.)
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Quote Originally Posted by darrenan View Post
    Can someone from SW chime in here and shed some light please? Thanks.
    JPG mentions that a restructure of the effects system is "some point down the line" but "not currently scheduled" here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post214209
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Domain and Inquisition special ability actions added.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    JPG mentions that a restructure of the effects system is "some point down the line" but "not currently scheduled" here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post214209
    I would think that you would get plenty of life out an extension between now and then...

Thread Information