FG Spreadshirt Swag

[5E] Princes of the Apocalypse progress:

https://puu.sh/hYSPO/98b3bfc3a9.jpg

encounters.txt: 272 Encounters, ##; built but not filled out
    images: 75 images (portraits, items, maps--player & dm) 19.5 MB
    imagepins.txt: Not started
    imagegrids.txt: All grids built.
    magicitems.txt: Raw text pasted, not formatted yet.
    npcs.txt: All NPCs entered. Length: 229542 Lines: 2948
    parcels.txt: 98 Parcels; ##; built but not filled out
    story.txt: Completely finished. Length: 863872, Lines: 6351
    tables.txt: Completely finished. Length: 8067, Lines: 204
    tokens: 131 tokens (50px/sq), 5.33 MB

I'm getting close!
    "We all take our risks, here in the dungeon." --Bargle
    Watch For Falling Meteors (Twitch.tv) Wednesday @ 7:00 PM Mountain - 5E World of Mystara
    Ultimate License DM
    Watch for Falling Meteors (YouTube Playlist)
    Xorn's 5E @ FG Tutorials (YouTube Playlist)

Blog Entries
    Ditto.

FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Magic items finished--though I'm anxious to see what changes come down the line for magic items--because right now I still need to build an item afterwards in live play that actually has you know... bonuses and damage dice and stuff.

I've got half the encounters put in now as well--that's been the most tedious thing so far. All the rest I was at least reading the adventure as I went, or making visual progress with maps/tokens...

But how many times am I going to type "4;Howling Hatred initiate;;"? Ugh.
    Watch For Falling Meteors (Twitch.tv) Wednesday @ 7:00 PM Mountain - 5E World of Mystara
    Ultimate License DM

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorn View Post
    Magic items finished--though I'm anxious to see what changes come down the line for magic items--because right now I still need to build an item afterwards in live play that actually has you know... bonuses and damage dice and stuff.

I've got half the encounters put in now as well--that's been the most tedious thing so far. All the rest I was at least reading the adventure as I went, or making visual progress with maps/tokens...

But how many times am I going to type "4;Howling Hatred initiate;;"? Ugh.
    Are you pre-placing all the tokens for each encounter as well? That is definitely a tedious part and one of the few downsides with building adventure modules in PAR5E.

Encounters: done, including every iteration of every random encounter (1 Jackalwere, 2 Jackalwere, 3 Jackalewere, ect)
    pins/grids: not started yet
    magic items: done
    npcs: All base NPCs entered. I need to go back and do the special cases (dwarf thug with an axe)
    parcels: raw text laid out, will need to go and create equipment for all the treasure items.
    Story: completed formatting and raw text. Will need to go through to link encounters, maps and treasure.
    Tables: half-hearted attempt for tables. Should be easy to finish when I get a list of which ones i'll need.
    Tokens: This is what has taken me so long. I'm doing PotA and my MM at the same time. 178 tokens so far. Also trying to to all iterations of base NPCs. Male Human Acolyte. Female Human Acolyte. Male Elf Acolyte. Female Elf Acolyte.

The end is getting closer though!

ddavison: No, I don't pre-place, simply because I'll just end up moving them anyway.

OneSidedDie: Holy crap. My Random Encounters are just 1 of every NPC on the table. I don't create equipment for non-magic items, as they are just interested in the value, and I just put that in the item name. Tokens I just bang out the NPC tokens with TokenTool. For named commoners with unlikely combat I just let a letter token catch their name. I *might* make a token for a named combat NPC... usually I don't bother though. And a dwarf with an axe instead of warhammer? "F--- it! I'll do it live!"
    Ultimate License DM

Well you know, you do it once it stays done. That and the process itself is meditative.
    Personally I'm dreading making all the linked rollable tables for the 200+ random encounters. Notepad++ and I are going to be rather than familiar with one another.

Thread Information