5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Ok...tried removing the SW .pak files so they could be reinstalled thru the updater process. Still no help. Am I the only one to ever have this issue? Am I wrong in thinking this is a part of the SW rule set? Getting a tad frustrated on this issue.

Blog Entries
    i dont play any (well Ive played a couple of one-shots) any Savage Worlds so I cant say conclusively - but I just loaded a blank SW campaign and it does not sum dice rolls.

Wow...I guess I'm mixing it up with 5E. Would have sworn that it had the capability with SW. Sorry for the false alarms...and thanks for the help ;-)

Savage Worlds dice rolling is different from most other RPGs. The ruleset does it's own summing - based off the exploding dice, which of the wild or attribute dice were highest, etc.. If the dice explode you will be shown the highest result of that explosion - summing the relevant exploding dice. Damage will also be auto summed for you.

This does mean, however, that if you pick up 5d6 (for example) and roll them in the chat window you won't get the total and you have to right-click on the roll result and select "Display Sum" (as you've been doing).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

That explains what I'm seeing and helps me understand that I'm not going crazy! Thank you :-)

One way to get this effect in Savage Worlds is to use the "/dmg" command. That will automatically sum the total for all dice rolled. Unfortunately, it also labels it as damage. I have been unable to get the sum of the dice by right clicking on the result and selecting the "= sum dice" button. It is there, but nothing happens when I use it.

Thread Information