STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Blog Entries
    Rollable tables aren't supported. HTML tables should work. Make sure both extensions for it are enabled. Both the theme and library adapter. I'll work on an update with my partner in crime to get an update where the rollable tables are removed to avoid confusion.
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Quote Originally Posted by Ikael View Post
    For reason or another I am also getting bad ETU modules where tables are not defined correctly. They are static html-tables and thus are not compatible with tables-feature. I found these tables within Dean's List module. This must be old content, because I recall talking to ETU devs about this back in the PRE SW 4.0 date. If this was not discussed back then: Dean List module's <tables> content should be moved somewhere else from the direct <root> context. In SW core modules we moved static html tables wihtin reference and fixed links manually. This said, the module does not contain rollable tables and they must be defined separately. Hope to see note from ETU devs.
    I remember this being fixed at the time, too. I'll take a look what's going on and get a fix sorted out.
    Sorry for the inconvenience.

i checked and the tables are already in the reference section and not the root context, so I'm not sure if something has changed in CoreRPG.

I have changed the tables tag to htmltables and updated all references. That has fixed it, so I have pushed a new version to Doug for distribution.

Quote Originally Posted by ianmward View Post
    i checked and the tables are already in the reference section and not the root context, so I'm not sure if something has changed in CoreRPG.

I have changed the tables tag to htmltables and updated all references. That has fixed it, so I have pushed a new version to Doug for distribution.
    I loaded up FG today and got an update. It was to etudl.mod.

The consequence of this update for me was that all of the rollable tables that I had edited in my campaign that were tied to the Dean's list were borked.

To fix this, I loaded up the previous version of etudl.mod (always make backups before updating!) and copied each table by dragging and dropping. This makes a copy of the table in the campaign's db.xml (as opposed to [campaignfolder]/moduledb/ETU Dean's List.xml.) Then I put the new version of etudl.mod back in place and loaded up the campaign. Now all the tables are present again.

Hope that helps someone who otherwise might be freaking out.

Bonus: So you don't want to recreate all these tables every campaign, right? Not a problem. type /export in the chat window once you've got them dialed in. This gets you the Module Export wizard.

as an example:
    File name: ETU Rollable Tables
    Thumbnail: (the path to an ETU thumbnail.png)
    Name: ETU Rollable Tables
    Category: Setting
    Author: (your name)
    Merge ID (leave blank)

Under Exported Data, check the Tables item.

Attachment 11274

Then click export.

This creates a module in your modules folder that contains all your tables. You can load this new module the same way you load other modules in your library.

Attachment 11275

Edit: I should add that I'm using Ikael's SW Enhanced Library extension and the adapter for East Texas Unversity. The SW Enhanced Library, if I'm not mistaken, adds the above-mentioned wizard.
    Last edited by kavaliro; October 9th, 2015 at 04:14.

While I have your attention,

ETU Dean's List Quicklinks: The Where? table link is instead pointed at the Why? table.

The Where? table in the Adventure Generator section of the Dean's List is labeled "Where?" but has the "Why?" table's info.

High Strangeness - Clubs: Jack result missing first letter "E".
    Last edited by kavaliro; October 9th, 2015 at 07:12. Reason: Additional errors

Thread Information