5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
    Blog Entries

AC keeps increasing by 10

On my player's sheets, their AC number is put in plus any bonuses for magic, dex, shields, ect...but when I look at the final AC, it's 10 more than it's supposed to be. I know base AC is 10. My fighter has Chainmail which is AC 16. It's +2 which makes it 18. He has a shield which makes it 20. When all is said and done, it comes up as AC 30. Base AC of 10 is not supposed to be added to the 16, is it? I thought chainmail made it 16 up from 10. What am I doing wrong?

Mike

FG sets your default to 10 AC. So when say Leather armor has a 12 AC, it makes it 22. When really Leather armor has a 2 AC on top of your default of 10.

Modify all the armor and reduce them by 10 points.

That's how I fixed it.
    Wedge
    -----
    Ultimate license holder
    Running a D&D 5e homegrown campaign and a Forgotten Realms campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Niles View Post
    On my player's sheets, their AC number is put in plus any bonuses for magic, dex, shields, ect...but when I look at the final AC, it's 10 more than it's supposed to be. I know base AC is 10. My fighter has Chainmail which is AC 16. It's +2 which makes it 18. He has a shield which makes it 20. When all is said and done, it comes up as AC 30. Base AC of 10 is not supposed to be added to the 16, is it? I thought chainmail made it 16 up from 10. What am I doing wrong?

Mike
    The base AC is 10 by default and does not need to be entered or added to any value input into the character sheet. Only the following values are required for data entry. AC box should be 6 for chain mail. A shield adds 2. The armor is +2. Sum total AC is 20.
    Ultimate License Holder
    Timezone: UTC -6

DM: 1e Ruins of Adventure, Curse of the Azure Bonds
    DM: 5e Descent into Avernus
    D&D 1e to 5e adventures converted: Keep on the Borderlands, White Plume Mountain, Tomb of Horrors, Against the Giants, Descent into the Depths of the Earth, Shrine of the Kuo-Toa, Vault of the Drow, Queen of the Demon Web Pits
    Transitioning from D&D to DCC

May your dice rolls be ever in your favor.

Blog Entries
    Thanks, dj-wedge. Seems like it would be an easy fix though with a little coding.

Blog Entries
    That makes sense Baron28. Thanks for the reply.

Thread Information