FG Spreadshirt Swag

Thread: CC3+ Question

CC3+ Question

Not much talk on their boars thought I would try here.

Have a map with a stream down the middle.
    Battle Map, for FG.

Wanted to Blend the edge of water and land, but can not seem to get a decent look.

If I could make the stream look sunken that would be nice as well, but the stark contrast from land to water is jarring.

Missing something I am sure.

What settings do you have in effects?

I'd recommend you post CC3 specific questions in the CC3 forums - you'll get much better overall feedback and options form the crowd there, they're a decent bunch.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Have tried never gotten a single answer, but thanks.
    Will muddle through it.

As for settings I tried a blend seemed to do nothing at all.

Just was curious what others have had luck with.

There's also a yahoo mailing list.

Quote Originally Posted by Larac View Post
    Can you post here or send me directly the FCW file you're working on? I can quickly check the effect settings.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blend won't work as this blends everything on the current sheet with all entities below.

Check out the Sheet and Effects -> Effects section of the "CC3+ User Guide" available in the CC3 documentation directory: ProgramData\Profantasy\CC3Plus\Documentation

Look at blur to remove the hard edges between the land and water. Use inner glow on the river to give the appearance of it being sunken.
    Last edited by Trenloe; May 13th, 2015 at 21:36.

Many thanks! Trenloe.

Have tried never gotten a single answer, but thanks.
    Will muddle through it.

Just was curious what others have had luck with.
    Profantasy is generally very good at responding on their forum. Usually within a day, at most. It would be helpful for you to post a jpeg so that a specific answer can be given. Otherwise, my response would be, "I've had success with lots of things!"

Wide streams I generally soften the edges (edge blur) and give an inner glow with a slightly darker shade of blue than the original water. Keep this on a seperate sheet from the rest of your entities so the effects don't bleed over. The more you blur, the more it will seem to "blend" with your background or grass/sand layers.

Thread Information