5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Extra Inspiration Slots ext

Hello fellow FG gamers,

Here is the way I use inspiration...

1. I give it out.... lots of it.
    2. Players cannot trade it away, but each player may once during a session declare another character to automatically and immediately gain inspiration for any reason at all. You would think that this would get abused, but players seem to almost never give it away. I do not know why. They are stingy. I even tell them to give it away more, but they do not.
    3. A character can have up to two points of it.
    3. Resting (short or long) reduces a character's stored inspiration by one.

I created an extension that increases the number of inspiration slots from one to two. While at it, I made a few extra extensions for three, four and five slots. Hopefully someone else will enjoy my efforts.

Note that if a character sheet has the inspiration circle checked when you switch over to using one of these extensions, you will see an error message during loading. You can ignore it. (The name of that slot changed.)

Kevin

Interesting idea spoofer , i have to keep a note at my desk that reads... " Dont forget to give out INSPIRATION!"

I try to give out inspiration for role play and for funny stuff, and valiant efforts that follow a character concept and cool and interesting combat descriptions.

Just out of curiosity do you let the players use inspiration before or after the dice is rolled?

The players declare it before rolling. (I like to use the crit and fumble tables, and I do not want players to be able to reroll fumbles.)

I put out a colored die for each player on my desk, and put them away as I give out inspiration. At the midpoint of a session, I note who has not yet gotten inspiration, and start looking for a reason to give that player inspiration.

Which crit fumble tables do you use , the ones in FG ?

I love tables like that , but some of them are rather harsh on the players , as they end up using them more than anyone else.

Nice one. Added to the 5E Community Extension list.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

One GM I played with used the bag of luck.

It had 10 White D6s and 8 Black.

When you had a place in the story that was a pure luck thing, or being toyed with by the Gods, you rolled your d20 with the pull from the bag, White added, Black subtracted.

The Extension looks good, thank you.
    Will be running a very small party so looking at ways to keep from over taking them.
    They are known to take 2 hours to shop, so it will be useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Draca View Post
    Which crit fumble tables do you use , the ones in FG ?

I love tables like that , but some of them are rather harsh on the players , as they end up using them more than anyone else.
    A community member created an extension that automatically rolls on the tables when a crit or fumble is rolled. It was so cool it was rolled into the FG system. You can turn it on from the DM options inside FG. However, the tables are designed for 4e, and there was a few instant death entries. Oh, the goblin critted, oh, your dead. Sorry. I rewrote the entries to match the 5e rule set, and scaled back the brutal stuff. You can find it in the sticky thread titled 5e community modules.

Thanks Spoofer, Ill take a look!

Not sure why, but this extension is not working for me. I'm using D&D 5E, if it matters.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cappinator View Post
    Not sure why, but this extension is not working for me. I'm using D&D 5E, if it matters.
    Hey cappinator - you need to provide some more info - do you see any error messages? do you see the extra slots?, are you running any other extensions?

Thread Information