STAR TREK 2d20
Page 80 of 89 First ... 30707879808182 ... Last
    Hello all, I am brand new to Fantasy Ground Platform but have installed Edge of the Empire to transition my current campaign online. However I am running into a few things that perhaps you can help me with. I apologize if people have already answered these questions in the past, but I haven't found explanations in this thread so far. So here is my list of questions:

1. How do I bring maps and images into the game? I watched other FG videos and is seems straight forward with the folder button, but SW doesn't seem to have the button they show. When I click on images then add new image it just gives me a blank white box.
    2. Is there a pre-populated list of NPC's? I have seen some instructional videos that seem to show GMs having a very large list to choose from, but my library doesn't seem to include NPCs.
    3. Is there a place I can find star wars tokens? If I make my own how do I import them?
    4. How are destiny points displayed and tracked? I see them under the dice pool, but I don't really understand where I can put them to track them.

Any help with these questions would be great. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by chikininabizkit View Post
    Right on. I read through a dozen pages of threads and both acknowledge and appreciate the amount of community effort going into this. It's genuinely encouraging and I'm looking forward to seeing all the hard work pay off. Thank you for the quick answer.
    If you want to keep track of the Genesys MorecoreRPG ruleset development, you can find it here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...495#post474495

I'd recommend it since that appears to be the most likely candiate as the basis for the next version of Star Wars EotE.

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadyNasty View Post
    Hello all, I am brand new to Fantasy Ground Platform but have installed Edge of the Empire to transition my current campaign online. However I am running into a few things that perhaps you can help me with. I apologize if people have already answered these questions in the past, but I haven't found explanations in this thread so far. So here is my list of questions:

1. How do I bring maps and images into the game? I watched other FG videos and is seems straight forward with the folder button, but SW doesn't seem to have the button they show. When I click on images then add new image it just gives me a blank white box.
    2. Is there a pre-populated list of NPC's? I have seen some instructional videos that seem to show GMs having a very large list to choose from, but my library doesn't seem to include NPCs.
    3. Is there a place I can find star wars tokens? If I make my own how do I import them?
    4. How are destiny points displayed and tracked? I see them under the dice pool, but I don't really understand where I can put them to track them.

Any help with these questions would be great. Thank you!
    I will attempt to help as I have created numerous modules for Star Wars Rulest for my home game:
    1. You simply need to add any images and maps to the Campaign Folder Images folder. That folder can be difficult to find. For me it is located here: C:\Users\<computer login name>\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds\campaigns\<campaign name>\images. Once copied into that folder, then they will show up in your images tab. you may have to resize the images and maps in an image editor for best view. The ruleset has a limited imaging resizing function, although it does work.
    2. The GM Encounter Library has numerous NPCs avaialble to choose from. It is located here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...s+gm+encounter
    Go to the second post and you can download both the Player Library 2.0 and the Encounter Library (GM Encounter Library). Both have what I consider essential data to get your game up and running quickly.
    3a. Go to https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...a-Token-Module for a tutorial on making token modules. Making a module is the ideal way, especially for large numbers of tokens. It alleviates the memory problems caused by too many tokens in your token folder.
    3b. Here is a good thread for Star Wars tokens. Some of the links have hundreds of tokens available. I used them and made my own Star Wars token modules using the video posted in the link in 3a.
    4. I manually keep track of them so hopefully someone else can help you with this.
    Last edited by punisher5150; April 11th, 2020 at 23:12.

Quote Originally Posted by punisher5150 View Post
    I will attempt to help as I have created numerous modules for Star Wars Rulest for my home game:
    1. You simply need to add any images and maps to the Campaign Folder Images folder. That folder can be difficult to find. For me it is located here: C:\Users\<computer login name>\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds\campaigns\<campaign name>\images. Once copied into that folder, then they will show up in your images tab. you may have to resize the images and maps in an image editor for best view. The ruleset has a limited imaging resizing function, although it does work.
    2. The GM Encounter Library has numerous NPCs avaialble to choose from. It is located here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...s+gm+encounter
    Go to the second post and you can download both the Player Library 2.0 and the Encounter Library (GM Encounter Library). Both have what I consider essential data to get your game up and running quickly.
    3a. Go to https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...a-Token-Module for a tutorial on making token modules. Making a module is the ideal way, especially for large numbers of tokens. It alleviates the memory problems caused by too many tokens in your token folder.
    3b. Here is a good thread for Star Wars tokens. Some of the links have hundreds of tokens available. I used them and made my own Star Wars token modules using the video posted in the link in 3a.
    4. I manually keep track of them so hopefully someone else can help you with this.
    Thank you! I will definitely use what you have provided, big help! No worries on #4, I figured I could manually track as well since I have the physical tokens

Hey one more thing I noticed after I got images to import. Maps seem to not scale correctly or have the ability to give me masking options. Is that a think in this module?

1) the best way to get to your images directory is before starting your FG campaign click the folder icon in the top right of the FG launch screen. This will open a file explorer on your FG app data directory. Then navigate to campaigns\<your campaign name>\images

The image display window can be resized within FG. Use CTRL+left-click and drag to resize the window borders. Use the mouse-wheel to zoom in and out, and use the right-click menu to access other resize options. All of the options available in recent rulesets are available.

4) at the beginning of your session reset the destiny pool by the right-click menu on each stack. Then, after the players have rolled for the destiny pool, double click on either the light-side or dark-side points to add one chit to that pile. Keep double-clicking until you have the right number of chits in each pile.

During play, the GM can drag a chit to the dice pool to auto adjust the dice currently there - this will "flip" the chit in the destiny pool and upgrade/downgrade the dice pool. The players can only drag right-side points to their dice pool.

There's no coded restriction on the number of chits that can be used per dice pool so keep an eye on the chat window to see many have been used.

If you want to use a destiny chit outside of a dice roll then just drag it to the chat window. The chit will be flipped.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadyNasty View Post
    Hey one more thing I noticed after I got images to import. Maps seem to not scale correctly or have the ability to give me masking options. Is that a think in this module?
    All image control is via the right-click menu. There wasn't an image toolbar when this ruleset was developed.

See the documentation on the image options here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...Images#Masking Just ignore mention of toolbar buttons or resizing by grabbing the image frame, and use the other option/s mentioned.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hi and thanks for this posting for FGU. I am new to using FG, so being new I, like the genious I am, decide to tackle a non-supported system. Yey me.

But because of this I have been mostly downloading the pre-built macro files. The .mod and the .ppk, files seem complete but oddly I have a strange issue.

I can open the Star Wars EotE system, but get a bunch of errors. The errors, some of them seem tied to some down loads, so I remove or redownload the file and the error goes away.

The problem I am having, even when I only had the base .ppk or .mod files are that though the dice will roll, no values will display. To comound this I am unable to select or acess anything on the desktop. Adding some of the extentions or mods or items have no effect but to provide more errors.

So I guess I am looking for what works. If I go for a clean install what are the downloads and macross that I should go for if using Unity.

All downloads I have used comes almost exclusively from this Forum or from the FG SW EothE forums.

I am not sure if its a Unity issue or not, but any help will be great.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by R0bperry; April 15th, 2020 at 04:10.

This might seem like a basic question, but I've read through a bunch threads and can't find the answer. How do you attach a picture to a character? It looks like there's a round, grey space for one in the 'Characters' window, but I've found nothing saying how to do it. I've watched probably a dozen how-to videos at this point and they're all for other rulesets that have buttons that aren't in this one. I've created a token module, added images to the campaign folder, and can open both, but can't 'set' anything as the character portrait. I also can't, for the life of me, figure out how to resize tokens - once again finding LOTS of answers for other rulesets, but not this one. I've been trying to poke and dig and read and figure as much out on my own as I can, but I'm at a loss for these two issues.
    - How do I set a character portrait?
    - How do I resize tokens?

Quote Originally Posted by chikininabizkit View Post
    This might seem like a basic question, but I've read through a bunch threads and can't find the answer. How do you attach a picture to a character? It looks like there's a round, grey space for one in the 'Characters' window, but I've found nothing saying how to do it. I've watched probably a dozen how-to videos at this point and they're all for other rulesets that have buttons that aren't in this one. I've created a token module, added images to the campaign folder, and can open both, but can't 'set' anything as the character portrait. I also can't, for the life of me, figure out how to resize tokens - once again finding LOTS of answers for other rulesets, but not this one. I've been trying to poke and dig and read and figure as much out on my own as I can, but I'm at a loss for these two issues.
    - How do I set a character portrait?
    - How do I resize tokens?
    Hi there!

To set a character portrait, first asign a token, and afterwards you can drag and drop a portrait to the character sheet. If you don't see it right away, close the character selection window and open it again. Have a look to the animated gif.

portrait.gif

Thread Information