DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 53 of 89 First ... 343515253545563 ... Last
    I have everything in the right folder, I'm not getting the activation button at the bottom of the library window, even though the modules are showing up in the 'module' window.

I'm having this problem on two different computers.

You need to double click on the module image in the module activation window, to load them or open the book. This is a pre-3.0 ruleset.

Vires Animi

I have a couple of requests for this ruleset.

First of all, I would like it if all windows created or opened for the first time are maximized instead of minimized. I constantly update my modules for this game and every time I do, I need to start maximizing the windows all over. Would be very handy.

Also, theatrical maps are great for keeping track of the range bands, which brings icons into play. I wonder if it would take a lot to re-enable effects or modifiers? I don't care if they actually do anything. It would just be a big help if you could mouse over an icon and see soak / defense values, by using effects or modifiers. Since piercing and breach forces players to modify their damage totals, it would be very handy, if such information was easy for the players to see.
    The optimal thing, would of course be to track and be able to modify these value's on the combat tracker but I suspect that would take a lot more work...

I know that there aren't any plans for any serious development on this ruleset, but was hoping these things were small easy fixes.

Thanks

Vires Animi

Quote Originally Posted by viresanimi View Post
    First of all, I would like it if all windows created or opened for the first time are maximized instead of minimized. I constantly update my modules for this game and every time I do, I need to start maximizing the windows all over. Would be very handy.
    What's your definition of "maximized"? And which windows are we talking about?

Maximized usually means taking up the whole screen - which I'm certainly not going to do. Then I'll have a bunch of users complaining that the windows are too big when you first open them!

Maybe have a look at the code and you can make an extension that changes the default values of the windows you want to resize, to the values that you want?

Quote Originally Posted by viresanimi View Post
    Also, theatrical maps are great for keeping track of the range bands, which brings icons into play. I wonder if it would take a lot to re-enable effects or modifiers? I don't care if they actually do anything. It would just be a big help if you could mouse over an icon and see soak / defense values, by using effects or modifiers. Since piercing and breach forces players to modify their damage totals, it would be very handy, if such information was easy for the players to see.
    The optimal thing, would of course be to track and be able to modify these value's on the combat tracker but I suspect that would take a lot more work...
    This ruleset is not based on CoreRPG, so there are no effects to "re-enable". The ability to code for effects (which will need each one actually coding) will come with a migration to CoreRPG - which will probably happen around the end of this year/early next year.

I may look at doing a very basic text code/parser for skills and weapons that allow dice to be automatically added to the dicebox when a specific skill or combat check is started. Maybe...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I had one follow-up question. In this rule set, can you pre- set up encounters (like you can in the DnD fantasy grounds modules) so you can just drop them into play at the appropriate time? If so, where are they stored? The NPC tab? Or do you just save a bunch of NPCs and sort of drag and drop choose them out of the list on the fly?
    Also, can they be linked on maps the same way they can be on the DnD ruleset? Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Raithmore View Post
    I had one follow-up question. In this rule set, can you pre- set up encounters (like you can in the DnD fantasy grounds modules) so you can just drop them into play at the appropriate time? If so, where are they stored? The NPC tab? Or do you just save a bunch of NPCs and sort of drag and drop choose them out of the list on the fly?
    Also, can they be linked on maps the same way they can be on the DnD ruleset? Thank you!
    The encounter functionality you're used to was introduced to FG after the Star Wars ruleset was created.

Some info and options here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post327005
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hello All!

I am thoroughly enjoying having this ruleset available. Thanks again to all that made it possible. As I get ready for my first session as GM in the next couple weeks, I am putting all my story elements into FG. I had a couple questions that I did not see answers to in other posts (perhaps they are so fundamental others take it for granted already and if that is so, I apologize). However, I understand how to format text using the right-click menus (adding titles, tables, chat text, etc.). What I did not easily see was how to format text (bold, italic, etc). I tried using control-B before typing and that didn't work. So my first question is how to format text entered in 'body text' for italics and bold.

Second question: I did notice, however, when hitting control and alt as modifying keys that it changed a bar along the bottom of the screen. In that bar, there were numbers 0-9. When I hit the alt or control key, the labels of course change in front of those numbers. What are those bars usable for in-game? What sorts of items or short cuts does one put down there?

Thank you in advance for the time spent on replying!

Blog Entries
    highlight the text and do ctrl+b or ctrl+i or ctrl+u
    you can drag items to teh 12 key slots which can then be accessed quickly by mouse or F-key
    By pressing ctrl, alt or shift you get another 36 slots and by pressing combinations of those keys you get another 48 slots

Shortcut keys in formatted text fields are listed here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...ed_Text_Fields

Hi there. I am running a current campaign in FFG Star Wars over FG with this ruleset and it have worked perfectly most of the time except for minor quirks now and then that doesn't cause a lot of hassle and usually easy to solve on the spot. But one thing that is starting to annoy the crap out of me that I keep to forget to ask about here on the forum. It is actually starting to disturb the game. By now the campaign have gotten a lot of playtime and more adventure modules are created by me. The problem is that NPCs seem to merge stats from NPCs from different modules that are opened into each NPC stat block and sometimes making it difficult to see what belongs to the current NPC and what are from other NPCs. This problem seem to stem from when I have several modules open at the same time. Have to taken some screenshots to illustrate the problem with only one extra module open. Is there a fix available now or a future one coming for this ruleset?

2018-04-21.png
    2018-04-21 (1).png
    2018-04-21 (2).png
    2018-04-21 (3).png
    Last edited by Chorpa; April 21st, 2018 at 01:39.
    Current Game: Post-Tyranny of Dragons Campaign (5E)
    Previous Games: Rise of Tiamat (5E), Heroes of the North/Princes of the Apocalypse (5E), GURPS Old West/Horror, Hoard of the Dragon Queen (5E), Star Wars - Dawn of Defiance (FFG)
    Twitch Channel: https://www.twitch.tv/chorpa
    YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/Erik Sharma

Thread Information