STAR TREK 2d20
Page 21 of 89 First ... 1119202122233171 ... Last
    Yes to my knowledge it deletes everything.

Maybe I should just scrap that campaign and begin anew. :-/

Edit:
    Just trying something, I did delete the character and the slot went away. I added a new PC, and they appeared by themselves. I also imported the problem PC and that mysterious slot came back and wouldn't let me delete it. So, as far as I can tell, there's something up with the character file. I'm going to try and create a new game and see if the same thing is happening there.
    Last edited by Talley Darkstar; June 2nd, 2016 at 05:41.

So, I created a new campaign and imported the problem character everything is normal. PC can be added and deleted from the campaign as it should be normally.

Edit: So I used the original campaign, and created a new character, and everything is normal as well. Very strange.
    Last edited by Talley Darkstar; June 2nd, 2016 at 06:05.

Awesome that you got it working, I am still curious how it all started to begin with. If you ever do recreate it, let us know for future references. Happy gaming!

Will do! Yeah, I'm not sure what was going on with that.

Question 1: I've got 3 GMs who run this campaign. Now if they either purchase or subscribe to the Ultimate License, can I copy the campaign over and send it to them and they'll be able to use it and have all the stuff I've inputted and reverse?
    Question 2: I've got different tabs set up in the stories section, can I share the tabs specifically and content as well? A tab named EoE Stories with 3 adventures in it. I want them to see the tab and the stories in that tab.

Quote Originally Posted by Talley Darkstar View Post
    Will do! Yeah, I'm not sure what was going on with that.

Question 1: I've got 3 GMs who run this campaign. Now if they either purchase or subscribe to the Ultimate License, can I copy the campaign over and send it to them and they'll be able to use it and have all the stuff I've inputted and reverse?
    Question 2: I've got different tabs set up in the stories section, can I share the tabs specifically and content as well? A tab named EoE Stories with 3 adventures in it. I want them to see the tab and the stories in that tab.
    Use the /export command for this. It will open a window and you drag all the entries you want into it. After you export it, you will find a new module file (named what you input during export) send this file to the other GMs and they can load it through the module button on the top right. It is the gold icon that looks like a book. They have to place the module you exported into their module folder for Fantasy Grounds. Make sure to include the NPCs, gear, vehicles that you may have linked in your story section.

I typically use this function to create the libraries by first making the entries in a generic campaign and then exporting. Then with a few additions to the code it becomes a library.

Nice! Thank you so much for everything Miekael! I really do appreciate all the assistance you've given me today. I think that's all the questions for now. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Miekael View Post
    Use the /export command for this. It will open a window and you drag all the entries you want into it. After you export it, you will find a new module file (named what you input during export) send this file to the other GMs and they can load it through the module button on the top right. It is the gold icon that looks like a book. They have to place the module you exported into their module folder for Fantasy Grounds. Make sure to include the NPCs, gear, vehicles that you may have linked in your story section.
    I tend to drag the adversaries / gear / vehicles out of the library and make them local. You can make modifications to them there, group up the minions, etc. Link the local copy from your story entries, and export with your module. When the module opens, the copies from your module are created in a group.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Quote Originally Posted by Talley Darkstar View Post
    Another option is to copy the whole campaign directory and send that to the GM - this will contain all of the data when the game was last used: wounds, token positions on maps etc.. ZIP up the <FG Data>\campaigns\<your campaign name> directory and send it to the GM. They'll also need the correct version of any modules/extensions used, and any tokens but this could be the best way to get the exact copy of the game.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Another option is to copy the whole campaign directory and send that to the GM - this will contain all of the data when the game was last used: wounds, token positions on maps etc.. ZIP up the <FG Data>\campaigns\<your campaign name> directory and send it to the GM. They'll also need the correct version of any modules/extensions used, and any tokens but this could be the best way to get the exact copy of the game.
    Excellent! I was thinking along those lines as well, but, ease doesn't come easy for things, so that's why I asked. Thanks Trenloe!

Thread Information