DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 13 of 89 First ... 311121314152363 ... Last
    This is fantastic, thank you!

There's ONE thing I've been trying to figure out how to implement myself but can't get it to work. Change the <distance> measurements from 5' increments to 1m increments. (Either that or add some kind of semi-transparent range "aura" that can be toggled on and off on tokens, but simply changing the distance increments seems a whole lot easier, and allows for GM flexibility in determining range.)

Quote Originally Posted by Drazulfel View Post
    There's ONE thing I've been trying to figure out how to implement myself but can't get it to work. Change the <distance> measurements from 5' increments to 1m increments. (Either that or add some kind of semi-transparent range "aura" that can be toggled on and off on tokens, but simply changing the distance increments seems a whole lot easier, and allows for GM flexibility in determining range.)
    As the RPG doesn't use specific distances, but range bands, I haven't done anything to the distance measurement calculations. When running a game I don't use a grid - if I need to indicate to the players what range bands are there I'll put letter tokens on the map to indicate "distances" in a range band: S = Short, M = Medium, L - Long, E = Extreme. The beauty of the RPG system is that you don't need to measure distances accurately.

Here's a basic example of showing to the players that the distance to their enemies is Medium:

But, if you want to modify your own ruleset, look at the onMeasurePointer and onMeasureVector functions in classes\common\baseimagecontrol.lua
    Last edited by Trenloe; August 17th, 2015 at 17:00.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    But, if you want to modify your own ruleset, look at the onMeasurePointer and onMeasureVector functions in classes\common\baseimagecontrol.lua
    This is exactly what I was looking for, thank you! I changed the multiplier from 5 to 1, and the return measurement from ' (feet) to "m" (meters) and it works perfectly. I understand the range band system, which the rules explains in relatively vague terms such as "several meters" or "a few dozen meters." So I like being able to see the measurements.

If you could tell me how to have the grid be on, but invisible, then you'd TRULY be my hero. That way I'd be able to measure without the visual distraction of the grid.

Quote Originally Posted by Drazulfel View Post
    If you could tell me how to have the grid be on, but invisible, then you'd TRULY be my hero. That way I'd be able to measure without the visual distraction of the grid.
    That's built in functionality of FG - you can't make the grid invisible or change it in any way (width, colour, etc.) other than the size of the square in pixels and the position. Guess I'm not your hero...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I have updated my GM Encounter Library, found here, this update includes the rest of the Core book entries, Force users and power entries have been added for building Jedi/Sith adversaries on the fly. Just drag and drop and then edit the entry to reflect the upgrades the force user has got. Also included with this update is Inquisitor templates with instructions and page references for completing your nemesis. More creatures along with juvenile entries. Then to top it off I have added a bunch of Abilities, updated the Talent entries to reflect the F&D Core book release, and last but not least, I added updated weapon (Lightsabers baby), armor, and attachment (Lightsaber crystals!) entries to this Library. These entries can be used to put together custom Lightsabers in minutes. As always this Library is still a work in progress and will be updated again in the near future. Happy gaming!

Miekael, your awesome! If I could chuck more reputation at you I would, but its asking me to spread it around a bit first :P

Cheers for this, much appreciated!

I came across an error I had made with the equipment tables, it has been corrected and updated.

7 Star Wars audio books on special at Humble Bundle: https://www.humblebundle.com/books

$15 gets you all 7 - and perhaps more will be added... Listen to Star Wars while driving, hiking, skydiving, scuba-diving, etc.. Or just while relaxing at home.

Or while flying a tramp feighter...

Thanks for the heads up.

Thread Information