Fantasy Grounds Fridays Pre
Page 88 of 88 First ... 3878868788
    I actually fixed it when I found a backup that works, but then it did it again just now. We're supposed to play Sunday, so I'm on another backup.

It looks as though it happens if I leave characters in the initiative tracker after a session. Not sure if it's player characters or NPCs, but I'm leaning toward PCs.

Here's the current broken file. I'm going to manually rebuild because we're supposed to play again Sunday, but I'll check back just in case. If not, no worries, but any information on the cause so I can prevent it in the future would be awesome.

Thank you, Trenloe.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1P6R...ew?usp=sharing

Quote Originally Posted by BuWeiLong View Post
    I actually fixed it when I found a backup that works, but then it did it again just now. We're supposed to play Sunday, so I'm on another backup.

It looks as though it happens if I leave characters in the initiative tracker after a session. Not sure if it's player characters or NPCs, but I'm leaning toward PCs.

Here's the current broken file. I'm going to manually rebuild because we're supposed to play again Sunday, but I'll check back just in case. If not, no worries, but any information on the cause so I can prevent it in the future would be awesome.

Thank you, Trenloe.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1P6R...ew?usp=sharing
    Try the attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    FG Con 16 Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - Postponed New date To Be Confirmed.
    Register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

That worked!

What was causing it? What can I do to avoid it in the future?

What was causing it?
    Two incomplete records in the initiativetracker section of the database.
    What can I do to avoid it in the future?
    I don't know what caused it, so don't know how to avoid it.
    FG Con 16 Fantasy Grounds Online RPG Convention - Postponed New date To Be Confirmed.

Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Well, dang. I appreciate the help regardless. I'm going to try removing all the characters at the end of the games to see if that helps.

Well, dang. I appreciate the help regardless. I'm going to try removing all the characters at the end of the games to see if that helps.
    I wouldn't go deleting and re-adding PCs. At some point there was an issue removing data from the initiative tracker - either another error caused some code to not fully complete or a certain process (unknown at this point) caused this to happen. It's not a common occurrence (i.e. it's happened 2-3 times that I'm aware of). If you can see actors in the initiative tracker then everything is probably OK.

Thread Information