DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 83 of 89 First ... 33738182838485 ... Last
    Hey, just wanted to thank you for a fantastic ruleset. It's something I plan to use even during normal table-centric sessions. This is my GM screen!

However, I do have one question/problem that I haven't been able to figure out. I watched the videos (maybe I missed the relevant part) and have been pretty good at noodling things out on my own, but what I can't figure out is how to link a character with a vehicle. I got caught with my pants down on the last session in which I needed vehicle combat for the first time and don't want a repeat of that

In case my meaning isn't clear, I'd like to know how to have a specific character or NPC connected to a specific vehicle, so that the player's relevant skills get applied to relevant weapons when rolling (and presumably other things like maneuver boost/setback to piloting skills, etc...). Is that a feature on the Classic version? If not, How do people generally work around it easiest?

Hey mossfoot glad you're making good use of the ruleset.

To add a vehicle to a PC or NPC, you can either go to the Vehicle tab of the PC/NPC sheet and enter the data, or drag/drop a vehicle record to any tab on the PC - this will populate the vehicle data. If you want the info to be available in the combat tracker (linked to the actor - see next paragraph) click the "Track Vehicle" checkbox in the top right of the vehicle tab.

Then, in the combat tracker, check the "Show Vehicles" check at the bottom of the window to show the high level info under the actor in the bottom half of the tracker - you can show/hide individually using the "Vehicle in Tracker" checkbox next to each actor entry.

You'll need to manually apply damage (I never got around to implementing vehicle level damage) and track other things like current speed, etc. in the vehicle record on the CT or in the character sheet. Vehicle criticals should work though.
    Last edited by Trenloe; May 6th, 2020 at 18:38.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Adding damage manually is fine. Small price to pay for an overall excellent setup! Maybe someday I'll upgrade to Unity, at which point hopefully a similar ruleset will be up and running (I understand someone is working on something for Genesys), but as long as I'm using Classic, this is the ruleset I'll be using.

Quick new question - I love how you can create critical injuries by dragging and dropping the token to a character and how that stacks with each subsequent hit, but how do you add to that if a weapon has a bonus to critical damage to it (ie Viscious). Is there an easy way to buff that critical roll? Or is there a workaround that can be used?

Quote Originally Posted by mossfoot View Post
    Is there an easy way to buff that critical roll?
    Type the additional modifier in the modifier stack before dragging the critical token.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

How do I open a calendar? I can load the module, but there is no button to load the actual calendar.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kethevin View Post
    How do I open a calendar? I can load the module, but there is no button to load the actual calendar.
    There isn't a calendar in this ruleset.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    There isn't a calendar in this ruleset.
    Thank you. I thought I was doing something wrong. :-)

The character portraits are no longer showing in the character selection screen and nothing I do seems to put them back. As far as I know, it should be as simple as the attached gif, but no matter where I drag the portrait images to, it doesn't "attach?" it to the character selection. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...chmentid=33734

(EDIT: Nevermind. I ran an update and for some reason it's working now. But I know people would have helped and I appreciate it anyway )
    Last edited by chikininabizkit; June 1st, 2020 at 13:25.

Thread Information