STAR TREK 2d20
Page 17 of 19 First ... 71516171819 Last

Quote Originally Posted by chikininabizkit View Post
    Runtime Notice: Host session started
    Ruleset Warning: Could not load icon resource (SW_logo)
    Ruleset Warning: Could not load icon resource (logo)
    Runtime Notice: s'Registring tvsize slash handler'
    Runtime Notice: s'dieboxviewlistmanager.lua: onInit()'
    Ruleset Warning: chat: Could not find icon ()
    Runtime Notice: s'chatmanager.lua: sendSpecialMessage - msgtype = refreshdestinychits'
    Runtime Notice: s'chit.lua: handleRefreshdestinyChits() window.getClass() = lightsidechit'
    Runtime Notice: s'chatmanager.lua: sendSpecialMessage - msgtype = refreshdestinychits'
    Runtime Notice: s'chit.lua: handleRefreshdestinyChits() window.getClass() = lightsidechit'
    Runtime Notice: s'chit.lua: handleRefreshdestinyChits() window.getClass() = darksidechit'
    Database Notice: Campaign saved.

I put the GM Encounter Library in the same folder. It also doesn't show up in the Modules window.
    This is all very weird. I really don't know what's going on. It's acting like the modules aren't in the right directory - but we've tested that by removing the calendar.mod file - which was also removed from the Modules window in the campaign. Or that FG can't read the file for some reason, but we've proved the file's OK - unless your computer is blocking access to that file.

Something to try
    • move the .mod file from the <FG app data>\modules directory.
    • Rename it to .zip.
    • Then extract the files to a local directory - call it "Star Wars Player Library". Inside this directory should be db.xml, definition.xml and thumbnail.pn
    • Copy the whole "Star Wars Player Library" directory to the <FG app data>\modules directory.
    • Load up your Star Wars EotE campaign in FG and see if you access the module this way.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

When I extracted the files, it brought up the ones you listed. I moved that whole directory to the modules folder. They still don't show up in-game.

I tried deleting the original .mod file and replacing it by zipping the extracted files into a new .zip and renaming it to .mod. Still nothing.

I'm going to try a full uninstall/reinstall and see if it fixes anything.

Okay... or not. Fantasy Grounds doesn't even show up in Apps & Features or Control Panel, now, so I don't even know how to uninstall it. I have no idea what to even try.

It’s rare that an uninstall-reinstall would fix something like this - everything else appears to be working ok.

To double- edify that FG is looking in the right directory. In a Star Wars campaign, create a story entry then type /export in the chat window and fill out file name, name and click the story entry. Then right click and select export.

Check in your FG modules directory - has a module been created with the file name you used? If so, load up a new Star Wars campaign - can you see your newly exported module in the Modules screen?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

And, while I’m thinking about it, please provide a screenshot of your <FG App data>\rulesets directory - showing all the files that are there.

I exported the test library. It showed up in the modules folder and it shows up in the in-game Modules window for both the prior and the new campaigns. Neither the "Star Wars GM Encounter Library" nor "Star Wars Player Library" show up in the Modules window of either campaign.
    modules2.PNG

I exported the test library. It showed up in the modules folder and it shows up in the in-game Modules window for both the prior and the new campaigns.
    Great! Please attach that .mod file here.

Here you are, sir.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Here you are, sir.
    Thanks.

Looking in definition.xml we see the reason:
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
    <root version="3.3" release="2.1">
    	<name>Library Test Story</name>
    	<category></category>
    	<author></author>
    	<ruleset>EotE</ruleset>
    </root>
    Most modules are tagged for a specific ruleset. The ruleset name is the name of the .pak file you load from the rulesets directory. It looks like you renamed the "Star Wars EotE.pak" file to just "EotE.pak". Rename it back to it's original name.

Thread Information