STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 8 First 1234 ... Last
    jh79:

I would LOVE a transcript of the questions asked. I spent a lot of time on my video tutorials, but I know there are still a lot of questions remaining. There is nothing I would love more than to make one more video fielding the questions new DMs have and specifically addressing them.

That said, I think face-to-face training sessions are a fantastic idea.
    "We all take our risks, here in the dungeon." --Bargle
    Watch For Falling Meteors (Twitch.tv) Wednesday @ 7:00 PM Mountain - 5E World of Mystara
    Ultimate License DM
    Watch for Falling Meteors (YouTube Playlist)
    Xorn's 5E @ FG Tutorials (YouTube Playlist)

That would be an interesting idea for the wiki as well, sort of a common questions page that could answer the question or could point to various portions of the wiki that answer that question.

Regards,
    JPG

I remember I can do something but sometimes not how.

Like trying all the right click options to resize a Token, then having to ask and find that One is mouse wheel and ctrl.

Like the rest I think this is a great idea, the extra info on it was the "proof read syndrome" if you proof read your own stuff, you miss glaring holes because you Know it already and fill in blanks.
    Happens to rules writers all the time as well. If you know the system well you will omit points that have become 2nd nature or gloss over them quickly.

This is where the Q&A sessions are so helpful. As one can say wait go back and slowly show what you did.

Very sorry to cause you any issues, as there are a host of things I know FG can do and some it teases it might do I am trying to figure out before I start GMing a group.

Hey everyone, thanks for all the support on this endeavour. There's been a lot of interest in this workshop class idea, which frankly caught me a little off guard, and a second class has already filled. Personally I learned with all the great videos you guys make (I've seen them all, and I mean all...) and hands on DMing, but apparently there is a niche for this after all.

I am hoping this will facilitate many new DM's to our great community, which of course will bring in new players and make this whole community grow. A third class signup has already started with one person, so I have decided to take a (no man/woman left behind way of thinking). As long as there is a need, and classes of four fill up, I will be there to pass on everything I have learned from the upstanding members of this community and hopefully contribute a small portion of what many of you have already done for Fantasy Grounds.
    Last edited by jh79; May 4th, 2015 at 02:04.
    Thanks JH79
    AKA: Valorious Goodspeak: Gold Hill Dwarf Cleric
    Thaldor Hammersmith: Mountain Shield Dwarf

Parsed full versions-5th Edition books in-game: Player's Handbook, Monster Manual, Dungeon Master's Guide

DMing 5e content, currently:
    Lost Mine of Phandelver
    The Chosen
    Playing in Star Wars Edge of the Empire

Ultimate Licence Holder: You play for free
    1000+ Wizards Of The Coast Miniatures used in-game
    Team Speak Address: ts.fg-con.com
    Password: Dungeoneers

Also, I'll go ahead and collect metrics/questions for you guys that want it, from the class participants, let me run at least three or four of them to get a good wide range of questions, ect. This way teaming up from all fronts; classes, videos and Wiki FAQ's, we can get this place booming with avenues of learning Fantasy Grounds from top to bottom.
    Last edited by jh79; May 4th, 2015 at 02:53.
    Thanks JH79

Parsed full versions-5th Edition books in-game: Player's Handbook, Monster Manual, Dungeon Master's Guide

Lost Mine of Phandelver
    The Chosen

jh79 conducted a wonderful class that hit on all the basics (I think) for running a game in fantasy grounds. Thought I'd throw out a public "Thank you!" for taking the time out of your schedule, jh79, to help us beginners out!
    --Art "Everything I do is a work of Art" Wendorf
    An Ultimate License Holder so anyone can join the fun!
    Timezone: US Central Time [UTC-6?]

Blog Entries
    Hi there! Thanks for doing this JH!

I don't mean to hijack your thread but I just thought I'd let everybody know I'm running a GM session prep Hangouts on Air! tonight. I will do a screenshare and have the Q&A enabled. The way I prep for my games can be used for any ruleset. You're all invited. Here's the link: https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/c...jm3b8tsjnvvc1o
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Art, thank you for the kind words, the workshop went fantastic imo, and went just over 3 hours as expected. We hit on everything basically that FG has to offer. Had a very smart group, everyone seemed to pick up all aspects of FG nicely as conveyed and we went along learning organically with a hands on approach, great group!

Everyone had their own DM Full, or Ultimate Licence's open for the first 2/3 of the class, as we built up a test module that included everything to build one, text, images, linking, NPC's and encounters, treasure parcels, ect, then linking it back to the story. Also the whole interface and every button was explained one by one for FG and 5e.

The Last 1/3 of the class, they logged onto my server, and everything they learned was demoed in real time, including a battle with hill giants, dwarves and them helping the dwarves , targeting was demonstrated, along with the combat tracker, how to mask for fog of war and erase Fog, how to setup the grids, ect.

All and all it went much better than expected. Look forward to using the same approach with the 2nd class that has already signed up. Hopefully these new DM's will start creating new worlds for FG'ers to enjoy, then hopefully pass on the skills they learned to someone else so we can grow the community.

Mask_of_Winter, that is great! please feel free to use this thread anytime you have a teaching session, that goes for anyone that is willing to teach and grow our community.
    Last edited by jh79; May 9th, 2015 at 17:48.
    Thanks JH79

Lost Mine of Phandelver
    The Chosen

Thanks JH very worthwhile and I recommend it to anyone else looking to get started.

I know the whole interface and finding how the different sections interact was kind of overwhelming when I first got FG but going through the tutorial class helped explain it a lot.

Looking forward to making my first module.

TY Vikingbrad, much appreciated, let me know how your module turns out
    Thanks JH79

Lost Mine of Phandelver
    The Chosen

Thread Information