5E Character Create Playlist

A few questions about spells, AC, and the such.

1. Spells using proficiency but not ability score
    I noticed for a lot of the spells it doesn't add the ability bonus. Is there a reason for this or am I missing something? If I'm a level 1 sorcerer, with 16 Charisma (+3 Mod.) and cast fire bolt, the game only counts my proficiency score of +2, but not the +3 ability bonus. I should have a +5 total for the firebolt cast.

2. Unarmored AC toggle
    Is there a way to turn off the default "Unarmored Bonus"? For now my group just uses a -10 in the misc. category. Seems a bit odd that there isn't just a check box for that.

3. Colored Pins
    I could have sworn I watched a tutorial once that showed these off. But I can't seem to find them anymore.

4. Module sharing
    If I created modules, would I be able to share them with the community? Are there restrictions? I've made a decent amount over time, but they probably will require the MM and PHB as there are some monsters from it in there. (I'd consider converting my entire campaign into modules if there was any interest)
    Last edited by Seraphim; April 26th, 2015 at 14:50.

Fantasy Grounds 2 Ultimate License User
    Player and GM for D&D 3rd, 4th, 5th, Pathfinder, New World of Darkness (Vampire, Mage, and Hunter), Nobilis, Savage Worlds, Legend of the Five Rings (4E), Eclipse Phase, Burning Wheel, Mouseguard and Microscope.

Most of the spells you have to go in and edit stuff like that as after you drag the spell across, or set the lasso at the top of the spells section to include the stat

coloured pins are set at the map to either auto show or toggle with a key.... they are created by dragging an encounter you create onto a map.. the youtube video is one on module creation I thiunk

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    1. Spells using proficiency but not ability score
    I noticed for a lot of the spells it doesn't add the ability bonus. Is there a reason for this or am I missing something? If I'm a level 1 sorcerer, with 16 Charisma (+3 Mod.) and cast fire bolt, the game only counts my proficiency score of +2, but not the +3 ability bonus. I should have a +5 total for the firebolt cast.
    As Mavrik6666 says, you need to set the casting stat before you drag spells to the PC sheet. Click the magnifying glass on the end of the spells header and change the "Ability" to the correct one for the class.

2. Unarmored AC toggle
    Is there a way to turn off the default "Unarmored Bonus"? For now my group just uses a -10 in the misc. category. Seems a bit odd that there isn't just a check box for that.
    Not really. The recommended way is to change your armour bonus to be 10 less. e.g. 16 becomes 6.

3. Colored Pins
    I could have sworn I watched a tutorial once that showed these off. But I can't seem to find them anymore.
    See the Image -> Pins section in the Wiki for more info: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...hp/Images#Pins

4. Module sharing
    If I created modules, would I be able to share them with the community? Are there restrictions? I've made a decent amount over time, but they probably will require the MM and PHB as there are some monsters from it in there. (I'd consider converting my entire campaign into modules if there was any interest)
    If it has any copyright material in then you can't share it. If the material is covered by an OGL/Creative Commons licence or if it is all your own work (i.e. no downloaded images/text - even if the material is available for "free") and contains links to the PHB/MM (but not the actual stats) then you will probably be OK to share. But be aware, we will remove any material posted to these forums that breaches copyright.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Mavrik6666 View Post
    Most of the spells you have to go in and edit stuff like that as after you drag the spell across, or set the lasso at the top of the spells section to include the stat
    Thanks, Mavrik6666. That was very helpful.
    --Art "Everything I do is a work of Art" Wendorf
    An Ultimate License Holder so anyone can join the fun!
    Timezone: US Central Time [UTC-6?]

WHy do the ACs default to 16 (or whatever) and the program already adds 10?
    Either the Program should start at 0, or the modules should just add +6.
    Considering the modules are correct, that's what's printed in the books, the program should be changed to not add 10.
    The AC section needs a bit of work to be interface friendly, I would say.

I just changed the AC's on the armor to be +1 or whatever to be correct.

I think it is the No AC that causes the hangup. But it is a bit ungraceful, like not adding the spell casting Variable on the spells as it knows what caster you are.
    It works for now GMs just need to be aware and check.

Later as the Ruleset matures it may change, would rather get the DMG out, than the time needed to "fix" these things.

I do think things like this should be listed in a FAQ to be found easily for new folks though. Also the Video of making the Wizard should be updated with it, as the setting of spell Stat was skipped.

You say the DM just needs to know, but those are exactly the things that a new user wouldn't know.
    If I didn't post here I wouldn't even think to check the Spell casting variable.
    I would rather the program working correctly before adding a whole other mass of variable rules.

Thread Information