5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 7 First 1234 ... Last

Thread: Android version

Yes but why not have a toggle for the interface that allows you to swap modes. The desktop mode is great the way it is you could then put in a reading mode that just allows you to pull up "books" any module could be called a book as it has the basic elements there and you can read them. Then there can be a run mode where a tablet gets some of the screens and things like dice rolls but an larger screen gets the rest. A tablet mode could be the "Dumbed down" interface, never was a fan of that term as streamlined and simplified is not dumb. I do get the dev team is small and has to priortize what they work on so would not expect anything soon but just some ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by trilvan View Post
    Yes but why not have a toggle for the interface that allows you to swap modes. The desktop mode is great the way it is you could then put in a reading mode that just allows you to pull up "books" any module could be called a book as it has the basic elements there and you can read them. Then there can be a run mode where a tablet gets some of the screens and things like dice rolls but an larger screen gets the rest. A tablet mode could be the "Dumbed down" interface, never was a fan of that term as streamlined and simplified is not dumb. I do get the dev team is small and has to priortize what they work on so would not expect anything soon but just some ideas.
    Nice idea, but consider this: if we add a second mode to the interface than we're effectively doubling the code required to be written for the interface, thus slowing down development of other features. Now add in the consideration that the Community Devs now need to account for multiple modes (everything from fully embracing them to ignoring all all but the one we're interested in). I'm not saying don't do it, I'm saying that, like with all Feature Requests, they need to be fully thought out and considered.

Personally, I like the idea, even thought its gonna cause me a ton of new work

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Thanks and yes it is a lot more work I am not sure how the program is designed but I am assuming that things are stored in a database and most of the interface links back and displays that data parsed different ways. I was thinking if you could sit at that layer above the actual data and just work at that presentation of data layer to create the interfaces. Again yea tons of work and not easy to do or maintain once it is done. A simple change in the data base would have to be changed in multiple places on the interfaces to ensure it works everywhere. You know what they say though if you never ask you don't get so anytime I have an idea I throw it out there.

Hi I am new here and was just thinking about this side of FG!!1 WOuld it not be possible to create a thin client system to use on tablets that 'Players' could use only to have their character stats on etc???

Blog Entries
    Good idea. Add it to the wishlist: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

im working on an App for "Downtime". i plan to use the exported XML character data and a supplemental XML file that defines a set of downtime rules.

An Android App to take advantage of all of the player data is possible. I could prolly also work out a way to get the GM story elements and put them in the App, thus reducing SOME virtual tabletop clutter.

Putting the .Mods into an App is VERY possible, and in doing so you can look up anything thats in a .Mod "Library".

Let me know if i should pursue it.

seks do it... search your feelings jedi. you know it to be possible

Bumping to keep this alive. At its very basic level, I'd like to see a tablet used as a character sheet.
    Table Top RP XP: AD&D 2nd Edition, Vamp the Masq, Werewolf, Shadowrun, GURPS, BattleTech,
    Would like to Play: D&D 5e (purchased basic + core class pack)
    Interface: Prefer voicechat (whatever DM calls for), video is a-ok as well
    Availability: UTC-05:00 Mon - Friday (every other Fri) Nights (anytime after 7pm) Saturdays & Sundays (Flexible Time)
    Synopsis: 36 y/o, read a solid amount of AD&D fiction but it's been years; Have 10 hours xp w/ FG

Blog Entries
    No need to bump suggestion threads to keep them alive. Instead just vote on the idea on the idea tracker at: 2app.idea.informer.com
    That's where the developers keep track of everything and where you can vote on the ideas you like.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information