DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 7 First 12345 ... Last

Thread: Android version

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    No need to bump suggestion threads to keep them alive. Instead just vote on the idea on the idea tracker at: 2app.idea.informer.com
    That's where the developers keep track of everything and where you can vote on the ideas you like.
    There is no "idea" to vote on with the name "Android" in it.

And even if there was, since it will be a relatively newly entered idea I think it will be buried so deep in the list it will never get an accurate measure of true user support. Heck, double digit support for ideas ends on page 7 (of 17). That means there are 10 pages of ideas with single digit support that most users and forum goers will simply never vote on one way or another (heck, I'm pretty sure I stopped voting after 5 or so pages, which probably puts me in the top .01% of users that actually participated in the thing). Not saying the tracker is completely useless... but as a reflection of what things users actually might want... and as a reflection of user participation in the future of FG... it pretty much is.

Not trying to be contrarian, just trying to point out that I think it's a little disingenuous when people tell users that don't post or participate in the forums very much to take their support for an idea to a page that is largely irrelevant. Looking at this idea as a benchmark... I'm pretty sure that there would be more support for it than 4e - Power Keywords and Immunities (an idea that took 4.5 years to rocket to 9 votes on page 7).

No need to bump suggestion threads to keep them alive. Instead just vote on the idea on the idea tracker at: 2app.idea.informer.com
    That's where the developers keep track of everything and where you can vote on the ideas you like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Full Bleed View Post
    There is no "idea" to vote on with the name "Android" in it.

And even if there was, since it will be a relatively newly entered idea I think it will be buried so deep in the list it will never get an accurate measure of true user support. Heck, double digit support for ideas ends on page 7 (of 17). That means there are 10 pages of ideas with single digit support that most users and forum goers will simply never vote on one way or another (heck, I'm pretty sure I stopped voting after 5 or so pages, which probably puts me in the top .01% of users that actually participated in the thing). Not saying the tracker is completely useless... but as a reflection of what things users actually might want... and as a reflection of user participation in the future of FG... it pretty much is.

Not trying to be contrarian, just trying to point out that I think it's a little disingenuous when people tell users that don't post or participate in the forums very much to take their support for an idea to a page that is largely irrelevant. Looking at this idea as a benchmark... I'm pretty sure that there would be more support for it than 4e - Power Keywords and Immunities (an idea that took 4.5 years to rocket to 9 votes on page 7).

Thanks for the info LordEntrails, I won't bump threads.

To Full Bleeds point I did check out the Dev Voting Board & didn't see "Android" listed. I coulda/shoulda made a new voting subject. On that note, to keep the voting page relevant: How's this for an idea; Keep monthly tab on what the top, (whatever number you like) say 5, voting subjects active while in tandem keeping a list of dead subjects i.e. voting subjects submitted that did not gain traction. That would create a top 5 that could be thought of as a "punch list". As the list is taken into consideration, the Devs could either focus on or dismiss the subjects.

I understand this would create more work but it could also help the community and Devs have a more open dialogue about what customers are looking for vs what is possible from a Devs side.
    Table Top RP XP: AD&D 2nd Edition, Vamp the Masq, Werewolf, Shadowrun, GURPS, BattleTech,
    Would like to Play: D&D 5e (purchased basic + core class pack)
    Interface: Prefer voicechat (whatever DM calls for), video is a-ok as well
    Availability: UTC-05:00 Mon - Friday (every other Fri) Nights (anytime after 7pm) Saturdays & Sundays (Flexible Time)
    Synopsis: 36 y/o, read a solid amount of AD&D fiction but it's been years; Have 10 hours xp w/ FG

Blog Entries
    The idea vote page was setup by Smiteworks and is managed and monitored by Smiteworks and it is where they do recommend you enter and vote for things you would like to see.
    Multi-platform support is one of the aims of the Unity rebuild but will not likely be a feature of the first or even first few Unity builds.
    Building multiplatform support is both very complex (and all but unachievable on the current game engine) and requires a whole rethink of both the current UI and also the data model.
    It is something that Smiteworks wants to do in the future but their are other things they need to have in place first.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    The idea vote page was setup by Smiteworks and is managed and monitored by Smiteworks and it is where they do recommend you enter and vote for things you would like to see.
    Yep, the devs have said multiple times that the wishlist is the main place that they go to see feature requests. Even if requests don't have many votes they will be considered, so don't be put off by thinking that it isn't worth adding requests - it is!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks for the clarification damned and Trenloe. Posting Dev subjects on the forums may not be as easily accessed as the vote page.

I'm still very new and didn't have a full understanding of FG and it's parent company Smite Works until now.

Cheers

(I may have just leveled up)
    Last edited by iiiTRiBEiii; August 22nd, 2016 at 00:09.
    Table Top RP XP: AD&D 2nd Edition, Vamp the Masq, Werewolf, Shadowrun, GURPS, BattleTech,
    Availability: UTC-05:00 Mon - Friday (every other Fri) Nights (anytime after 7pm) Saturdays & Sundays (Flexible Time)
    Synopsis: 36 y/o, read a solid amount of AD&D fiction but it's been years; Have 10 hours xp w/ FG

Blog Entries
    Sorry if I came across negatively. Not a problem re-opening old threads to discuss, I just don't think its the best way to show support for an idea. As mentioned, Smiteworks regularly monitors the Idea Informer page, and though it does default to sort by Vote #, I myself (and I suspect SW) sorts by date so that you can see all the new ideas, and vote accordingly.

A lot of the old ideas are not really relevant or may have already been implemented, and yes it would be nice if they were removed/closed, I would rather have SW spend what time they have on improvements (time is a limited resource after all), and not worrying too much about improving the voting record/mechanism.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I didn't take this as negative in any way. It is informative. If anything, I'd EXPECT a negative response from you. Ya know, because you're LordEntrails after all.

Something along the lines of "Ye dare respond!? Do NOT snivel your incoherent mumbling here! Go! To the voting page! Stay, and your entails are mine to give the drakes."

I appreciate the direction 😜

As a GM I would want as much functionality as possible just to create content on the go

Man... I would LOVE to see a fantasy grounds client app (for players) that would work on iPad or Android tablets.

Lot of the time I have a group wanting to play, but not enough laptops.

Thread Information