5E Character Create Playlist
Page 7 of 7 First ... 567

Thread: Android version

Quote Originally Posted by GavinRuneblade View Post
    I've tried this. There's no way to trigger input of text and right-clicking doesn't work. And it's laggy as all hell over the internet, remoting into another machine. Functionality is marginal at best. As a solution, it's not one.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Yes its possible.

To everyone, the challenge is not power. It is as suggested the UI. Phone & tablets have very small screens, which is a problem. It doesn't mean it's impossible, just that FG would have to be designed for such. The current UI would not support. Phones and tablets also do not have mice or keyboards (generally). Which again does not mean it is impossible, but it does mean that the UI would have to be written for such.
    You're not limited by the screen as a desktop size. You can always have a much larger 'virtual desktop' and just enlarge/shrink/scroll around. You just need to think outside the box a bit.

As for controls, Unity allows for doing builds on Android and iOS. Doesn't the build on specific platforms handle native control systems ... like substitution of right click for long press?
    Last edited by Tovrin; August 3rd, 2020 at 06:20.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    I just tried snapping my fingers but nothing happened. Apparently such a task does not have an 'instantaneous' build time, especially with a small Dev team.
    Lol this post is gold!

Thank you for the smile it gave me as my Monday thus far is pretty much junk.

On topic...i guess character sheets could be cool on a tablet....but on a phone ...who are these people than enjoy such self torture?

Would drive me nuts.

Blog Entries
    The first foray into this that I would expect to see would be a Reference Manual viewer. Maybe even the ability to view story, image and other objects. But in a read only mode.

Yes the des will have to think outside the box. But that doesn't make a solution any easier

And yes, Unity does have some control substitutions, but look at how this is done on the Mac, those users have already stated those substitutions are not the ones they want. Experience tells me, software development is never as easy as users think it should be.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tovrin View Post
    I've tried this. There's no way to trigger input of text and right-clicking doesn't work. And it's laggy as all hell over the internet, remoting into another machine. Functionality is marginal at best. As a solution, it's not one.
    You tried which? There are three methods in the thread:
    Steam was the first listed, here is the second:
    You don't need to use Steam to run FG on android I have used a program Splashtop though I would recommend attaching a mouse via an OTG cable and unless you have huge tablet like android on a TV I don't thing you could GM of a tablet. Splashtop also works over the internet so for example if you were away on a business trip you could get your Mrs to turn on your PC then remote in from your hotel room and not miss your game!
    Then came this method:
    I have been using a product called TeamViewer for a couple years now. There is an IOS app so I can use my iPad. Fantasy Grounds runs on a remote computer (remote being in the US while I'm in Mexico, or in my home office while I'm in the living room) and I control it via my iPad, my iPhone 8+, my laptop, …

BTW I have done this to avoid the Port Forwarding issue when I don't know or can't come up with a password for the router in a remote location also.
    There are other methods and other people have talked about it in various places. This thread was the only one I kept because it had both android and iOS options in one place. If one technique doesn't work for you, then perhaps try another?

Thread Information