DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Rappan Athuk plus Rolemaster =brutal

I have used fantasy grounds 5e products for role-master campaign set in the forgotten realms successfully, i didn't use dammed extenstion andt I found something on the forums that showed me how, k it was changing a few lines in the role-master code in the base.xml file. To get to copy your role master pak file to another location and change the file extension to zip
    replace the file with the one i have attached , rezip the files and change the file extension back to pak and please keep a backup of the original in case it all goes pear shaped

When doing the conversions i wouldn't worry to much on getting the monsters right just use the plot elements plus maps and just create npc's suitable for players current power level
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by hawkwind View Post

I have used fantasy grounds 5e products for role-master campaign set in the forgotten realms successfully, i didn't use dammed extenstion andt I found something on the forums that showed me how, k it was changing a few lines in the role-master code in the base.xml file. To get to copy your role master pak file to another location and change the file extension to zip
    replace the file with the one i have attached , rezip the files and change the file extension back to pak and please keep a backup of the original in case it all goes pear shaped

When doing the conversions i wouldn't worry to much on getting the monsters right just use the plot elements plus maps and just create npc's suitable for players current power level
    Wow, thank you so much. I have to say the FG community is very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by hawkwind View Post
    Rappan Athuk by itself is brutal but yes Rolemaster makes it scary. I prepped my players about it and used fate points. No one has died so far but we did have the cleric in a coma for 2 weeks. They went through almost 4 complete levels before running away. They are up at Bard's Gate following the map they got on level 2 right now.

Rise of the Runelords is likely next on the list.
    Last edited by Dakadin; December 17th, 2018 at 02:46.

It was only 5 episodes for us before we reverted back to an RM-based setting but we had fun with new PCs at Level 1ish in RotR and Rolemaster rules:
    https://youtu.be/8a54q2zUNtw?list=PL...czZ4azqSjGihPu

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    The Rolemaster books (all the way back to the beginning) generally had a little section in the back of conversions from various popular games into whatever the current version of Rolemaster was. It wasn't an open game thing, it was just this is how you use this product inside X game or how you made something from X game work in this version. In fact the booklets that Rolemaster is based on were originally designed as an unofficial addon to whatever game you were playing.
    Oh yeah -I remember those now. They really just had a simple table that mapped d100 stat -> d100 bonus -> d20 bonus -> 3-18 stat -> 2-12 stat. Nothing more than that - which, of course wouldn't need an OGL as it is just numbers. There were very brief notes about bonuses and hits, but not much else (looking at an old Rolemaster MERP module) - it didn't even make suggestions for how to map the six d20 abilities to the ten Rolemaster ones.

I'd, wrongly, assumed from the way @Whatever@# was mentioning it, that there was some detailed approach to converting d20 PCs/NPCs to Rolemaster in the rulebook as standard. Which, doing a bit of research, there was a guide released by ICE outside of the rulebooks in 2002 - by Tim Dugger (the main guy behind HARP) - 33 pages. It was released under the d20 OGL - due to the level of detail documented for the d20 information.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Whatever@# View Post
    IAs far as D&D campaigns, I figured since FG seems to heavily support D&D that it would sell versions of some of the D&D classics. Like temple of elemental evil. Even if that is not the case, I'm sure there is a GM out there somewhere who would like to run D&D classics with Rolemaster combat flare
    While most of the classic D&D adventures haven't been updated, this one has. It is now called Princes of the Apocalypse. There is even a $2.99 players' handbook option with just the races, spells, etc. but none of the adventure. A few of the other classic adventures were redone as "Tales from the Yawning Portal".

The problem is once you've tasted Rolmaster's crits it's hard to not to expect that in other games.
    This is something that a good DM can fix, but also something that you as a player can step up and do. Just start narrating. Ask yourself "what does that look like" during combat. Your DM tells you that the enemy attacked you and rolled a crit but then he rolls bad and only deals 6 damage, your next in initiative... so what just happened?
    "As the enemy swings his axe I was looking the wrong way and started to dodge too late, almost losing my head and taking a nasty gash across the side of my neck. But I follow in close behind his arm so he can't catch me with backswing and try to stab him in the gut" (roll, hit, damage, 2nd attack roll, hit, damage) "multiple hits as I ram my blade as fast as I can into him over and over, but his chainmail holds so seems I only bruised his ribs, I circle around looking for a new opening" (move to a position where your ally can flank with you).

Both DMs and players can be narrative. And if you've heard the RM crit results, you know what words you can use. Note this example is probably too wordy and long for most tables, lol. But it gets the idea across.

Thread Information