Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Some Random Maps

Since I drew them specifically for use in Fantasy Grounds and since they're just sitting there I thought they might be useful and to give something back (since I have d/l many of the maps from here).

These were all used in my current campaign which is a conversion of the 4e D&D "Thunderspire Mountain". All of them were drawn in Campaign cartographer and exported at 50px so that they would be usable in FG. Hopefully someone might have a use for them. If there is interest I have a few more from the same campaign.

If you drew them for FG, why did you put a grid on them?

I suppose its because I always do. I'm not hugely competent with drawing stuff and I always put a grid on things to line stuff up. I find it easier than drawing to the little snap pointy things. These are the first ones specifically for FG, previous maps were for printing out and using miniatures so always needed a grid. You are right though they could be drawn without a grid.

You could use the grid in Gimp (with snap to gridlines turned on) for drawing, then just turn the grid off when you're exporting the image.

Ahaha, you credit me with way too much skill. I would never be able to draw a straight line in GIMP never mind a map. I use Campaign cartographer and you can hide the grid before exporting in that too. I just never thought about it.

I usually create my maps with a grid in Campaign Cartographer - then you can turn it off when you export. Some cartographers draw a single 5 foot square on the map aligned with where the grid was to allow placing of the grid in FG. Below is an example of a quick marsh I threw together in Campaign Cartographer, I left a 5 foot square in the top right for grid alignment.

Last edited by Trenloe; April 12th, 2015 at 23:19.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Indeed, Trenloe, I have seen such a thing. I promise I will do better next time

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Indeed, Trenloe, I have seen such a thing. I promise I will do better next time
    I think you did pretty well so far. I don't mind grids on maps - they're cool with me!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thank you for sharing.

Blog Entries
    Not bad for someone who claims to be artistically-challenged!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Thread Information