DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Meliath1742 View Post
    1. What do the three Icons (red potion, 2 Blue Z's and anchor?) next to the Modifier Stacker window represent?

2. The small crosshair icon at the top-right of the mod stacker will not stay selected (use current targets for rolls) between attackers actions on the CT. Is there a way to make this stick...or is it designed to be reset for each character/extras turn?

3. As GM, the modifiers I put into the mod stacker do not work for the players actions...only mine. Am I missing something or is this how its supposed to work?

Thanks for any help!
    1. These are auto-apply wound, fatigue and encumbrance modifier indicators. If you click any of these they become faded and given modifier is not auto-applied to your next roll. The icon will return back to original state after one roll. If you check options, there is "Shortcut key for disable Damage penalties", if you change that to be Shift then whenever you hold Shift down it will disable all those indicators. This is useful if you need to make lots of rolls where you wound/fatigue/encumbrance penalties should not be applied (berserker edges comes to my mind)

2. Targeting indicator (crosshair icon) next to damage bonus is designed NOT TO STICK ON. After each roll it will reset back to off state, unless you scored hit or raise with your attack roll~ in those case it sticks on as because you're going to roll damage anyways. In Savage Worlds there are several rolls that you could do between your attacks rolls such as soaking roll, recover from being shaken etc. It would be more unconvenient if targeting is enabled all the time and thus any of your rolls would be made against your targets although it should be just normal trait check. If you check options you can see "Shortcut keys for Targeting". If you set that as CTRL & ALT then whenever you hold CTRL down the targeting icon is enabled (alternatively holding ALT enables targeting forced against parry). Personally I just these shortcut keys alot, just targeting your opponent on map, hold CTRL down and make your roll. Thou, it's good idea to add option to make the targeting stick, but like I mentioend it might cause more issues than help.

3. Modifierstack is user-based, not shared, and thus each player and GM manages own modifierstack. Each one has to use it him/herself to apply modifiers to his/her rolls. As GM you could say your players to put x modifier for your roll etc.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

I have just pushed changeset for v4.1 version regarding new option to alter that targeting indicator would stick to previously set value
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

From your response I can see why it might not be a good idea to have the targeting stick...but an option would be nice. I appreciate the quick response!!! Thanks Ikael.

Thread Information