STAR TREK 2d20
Page 6 of 6 First ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by mattekure View Post
    Hey Trenloe or Zacchaeus or whoever updates the OP. I just noticed that my Fantasy Plant Compendium is listed twice (first on the list, and again 3rd from the end). Also, my other one, the Net Libram of Random Magical Effects, a rollable table of 10,000 wild magic surges/results is not listed. That was posted here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...or-Any-ruleset
    Updated.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I have noticed that several of the ext./mods have (after clicking on link) been removed due to copyright issues or whatnot. Also I never know when the ext./mods need updated to a newer version. Is their anyway to add note of the date of newest versions to the link list and maybe a "pending" to the suspended ones. Just a thought to help manage my downloaded items and minimize unnecessary clicks. Maybe the mods/ext. could include a date on the name so if I view them on my computer I can check older ones to see if their is an update. Just a casual observation.Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Old-DM View Post
    I have noticed that several of the ext./mods have (after clicking on link) been removed due to copyright issues or whatnot. Also I never know when the ext./mods need updated to a newer version. Is their anyway to add note of the date of newest versions to the link list and maybe a "pending" to the suspended ones. Just a thought to help manage my downloaded items and minimize unnecessary clicks. Maybe the mods/ext. could include a date on the name so if I view them on my computer I can check older ones to see if their is an update. Just a casual observation.Thanks.
    I've removed the links to the two modules which had been removed. Sorry I should have deleted the links when the threads were amended. Modules shouldn't ever really need to be updated. If you are talking about extensions you need to follow the threads in those extensions to see when updates are made. If you click on the subscribe button on the threads you'll get notified when new posts are made to those threads. Generally the first post in each thread will contain the link to the download and the extension author will amend that link when a new version of the extension is submitted.

When FG gets updated to a new version is the time to check that your extensions are still working as intended. It may take a few days or weeks for any extension that breaks due to changes in FG code to get fixed. I and other moderators don't have unlimited time unfortunately to catch everything and update posts with all sorts of information. It is up to you the user to check the threads for updates.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    When FG gets updated to a new version is the time to check that your extensions are still working as intended. It may take a few days or weeks for any extension that breaks due to changes in FG code to get fixed. I and other moderators don't have unlimited time unfortunately to catch everything and update posts with all sorts of information. It is up to you the user to check the threads for updates.
    ^^^This right here!^^^

If users choose to use community extensions and modules, the onus is on them to keep them updated when FG issues a new version update. The simplest method is to use the Thread Tools button at the top of each thread page, and subscribe to that thread. Do that for the extensions and modules you use the most so you don't have to go checking all the time.

The "Merchants, Taverns, Side quests and NPCs Mod by JimSocks" Line can be replaced with

Content Generator 2020 by JimSocks

Does anyone know where I can find where DM Tools is presented. Its a .mod file but I am unable to locate the thread....thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by TXCBoy36 View Post
    Does anyone know where I can find where DM Tools is presented. Its a .mod file but I am unable to locate the thread....thanks!
    Do you mean this one on DMSGuild?
    https://www.dmsguild.com/product/310...antasy-Grounds

Yes, thanks! I found it also....

Thread Information