STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Thanks Nylanfs,

I could swear I tried dragging a story item to my drawing. But when I try it now, I see the pins.

So much to learn!

BoomerET
    No signature needed, please leave parcel on the porch.

Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Images

Just like you you link things between other things, Drag the little red icon on the story item to the map. Hold CTRL while the map is up and you can see the pins on the map, click on the pin and it will open that story item. Then you can link the encounter inside the story item to bring up the encounter right quick if there is combat.
    You need to complete one step first before you can create shortcuts like this. You should right click on your map, select "layers" and "enable shortcuts". Now drag the button from the story onto the map and a pin will appear. The pin will stay there, or you can right click again on the map and select "layers" and "Diasable shortcuts". The pins will disappear but when you press CTRL the pins will pop back up.

Well yes I guess its so ingrained that I do that unconsciously.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    You need to complete one step first before you can create shortcuts like this. You should right click on your map, select "layers" and "enable shortcuts".
    I have never done this and I use pins all the time. I thought they were enabled by default. Do you use the image layers extension? (I do not.)
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Blog Entries
    Pins, Pins, Pins!
    I love Pins!
    Id like to have different coloured pins too... Black for Story, Red for Traps, Green for Encounters, Blue for Images etc.

FG Con 6 – April 17-19th 2015 - register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

Blog Entries
    Pins are great but the players can't see them. To that effect, labeled tokens are best.
    Writer for Just Insert Imagination and co-host of the Wild Die Podcast.
    Find me on G+ to get in on one-shots, check out my YouTube and Twitch channel and follow me on Twitter @Mask_of_Winter

Blog Entries
    Nickademus - you do have to enable the Shortcuts or do a ctrl-drag. Thats probably what you are doing?
    Mask - I havent tried that... i need to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickademus View Post
    I have never done this and I use pins all the time. I thought they were enabled by default. Do you use the image layers extension? (I do not.)
    No, but reading damned's post above you can click drag which you probably do and I didn't know you could

Yep. I'm always holding Ctrl to see where the other pins are. Another mystery solved.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Thread Information