5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    If you set a minimum within your <sizelimits> does it make any difference?

Code:
    		<sizelimits>
    			<minimum width="300" height="400" />
    			<dynamic />
    		</sizelimits>
    Do you see the resize control appear in the bottom right of the window?

Do you have anything actually within this window? It looks like all you have is the resize control in the bottom right and the close control in the top right? Do you see both of these controls?
    It's really very strange. <close_campaignlist /> has the callback to do the close when the button is clicked. <resize_campaignlist /> doesn't. I still can't figure out where the damned callback is or how it's handled. It's quite inconsistent and a big PITA.

The resize in within 10(?) pixels of right/bottom edge of window.

This can be modified if the frame asset used by the window has an insideoffset tag to move the "edge" up and left to account for transparent regions on bottom/right of window frame graphic.

Also, you will need to make sure that no controls are defined in that region of the window or else they will grab the mouse events.

Hope that helps,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post

This can be modified if the frame asset used by the window has an insideoffset tag to move the "edge" up and left to account for transparent regions on bottom/right of window frame graphic.

Also, you will need to make sure that no controls are defined in that region of the window or else they will grab the mouse events.

Hope that helps,
    JPG
    As I showed earlier in this thread, I'm using the campaignlistwithtabs framedef, with a custom windowclass. I'm positive I made no changes to the frame asset. I literally cut and pasted from the notelist window class and just removed the controls, so I don't think I messed anything up.

I'll go through it again and see if there's anyway I messed it up.

Since I don't have any controls yet, I'm fairly certain they aren't grabbing the mouse events. In fact, I tried adding onClick and onDrag events at both the windowclass and windowcontrol level and they never fire at all.

I'm working on a minimal-viable-product tutorial. Resize not working is the only thing stopping chapter one from being done :-)

double post for some reason...

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post

Hope that helps,
    JPG
    Okay. I must be an idiot. This can't be this hard. I've tried everything and the following minimal extension works great, except for resize. Can someone PLEASE tell me what I'm doing wrong? I've learned alot about FantasyGrounds trying to chase this down, but this continues to elude me.

Thanks.

extension.xml
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
    <root release="3" version="1">
    	<properties>
    		<name>Extension Tutorial - Jeffery W. Redding</name>
    		<version>0.0.1</version>
    	</properties>
    	<base>
    		<icon name="ExtTutorialLogo" file="ExtTutorialLogo.png" />
    		<icon file="graphics/TutorialTitle.png" name="TutorialTitle" />
    		<includefile source="xml/TutorialWindow.xml" />
       	</base>
    </root>
    TutorialWindow.xml
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
    <root>
    	<windowclass name="TutorialWindow">
    		<frame>campaignlistwithtabs</frame>
    		<placement>
    			<size width="300" height="400" />
    		</placement>
    		<sizelimits>
    			<minimum width="300" height="400" />
    			<dynamic />
    		</sizelimits>
    		<sheetdata>
    			<banner_campaign>
    				<icon>TutorialTitle</icon>
    			</banner_campaign>
    			<stringcontrol name="TutString1">
    				<anchored>
    					<position>insidetopleft</position>
    					<offset>60,40></offset>
    					<size>
    						<width>200</width>
    					</size>
    				</anchored>
    				<static>Here is a string for display.</static>
    			</stringcontrol>
    			<resize_campaignlistwithtabs />
    			<close_campaignlist />
    		</sheetdata>
    	</windowclass>
    </root>

Holy crap.

Finally found a post where someone did the same thing as me -- Screwed up the versions in the "root" tag in extension.xml! OMG! I searched FOREVER and didn' find that dang thing.

Move along. Nothing to see here...

Blog Entries
    Hey jreddin! doncha love banging your head on what seems like a brick wall!
    Please DO post your error and fix as someone else WILL have this issue again - you can bet on it!

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Please DO post your error and fix as someone else WILL have this issue again - you can bet on it!
    If I had a dollar for every "Never mind, I solved it" forum post I've encountered when trying to debug some code... I'd be able to hire someone to solve my problems for me.
    +2 License of Ultimate Hosting
    Current Projects: Murder in Baldur's Gate Module
    Completed Projects: Curse of Strahd module, Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide Module, Out of the Abyss Module, Legacy of the Crystal Shard Module, Scourge of the Sword Coast Module, Effect Targeting Extension (5e), Unearthed Arcana: Vitality Extension

Thread Information