5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

minor change sheet wont resize. any ideas?

Hello friends,
    I am making an extension for the fate core rule-set. one of the changes I made was a minor change to the NPC sheet changing languages to aspects. All i changed was to replace the word language with the word aspects in the four locations it appears in the record_npc file. The change works but i cannot re-size the npc sheet. I made no changes to the sheet other than above and the <resize_recordsheet /> is still in the file. Does anyone have an idea why it no longer re-sizes? Thanks in advance.

<resize_recordsheet /> is not what enables resizing, it is just the graphical element that shows where you can click/drag to resize.

What enables resizing is the <sizelimits> <dynamic> tag towards the top of <windowclass name="npc"> make sure that is still there.

Also, before you open an NPC record open the console by typing /console in the chat window - this might give you some warnings that might indicate where your issue is.

Another thing to try is to hold down the CTRL key and left-click-and-hold within an NPC record and then drag to see if that resizes the window as well (this is the FG old-school way of resizing).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I'll also just noticed that the NPC sheet in the Fate Core ruleset only resizes once you release the mouse button - during the resize the window doesn't change.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks Trenloe,
    holding CTRL does allow me to re-size the window. i am not having the same issue as you with the fate rule-set though (without my extension enabled of course). it is a little sluggish but i can see the window re-sizing when i drag.

Quote Originally Posted by heavy3p0 View Post
    i am not having the same issue as you with the fate rule-set though (without my extension enabled of course). it is a little sluggish but i can see the window re-sizing when i drag.
    Yeah, you're right. I had the console window open and there are a lot of static height ignored warnings that are coming up when resizing, which was causing a major delay on re-draw of the NPC sheet when resizing.

Hey Trenloe. Maybe you can help me. I have a really trivial windowclass that doesn't resize:

<windowclass name="MyWindow">
    <frame>campaignlistwithtabs</frame>
    <sizelimits>
    <dynamic />
    </sizelimits>
    <sheetdata>
    <resize_campaignlistwithtabs />
    <close_campaignlist />
    </sheetdata>
    </windowclass>

Based on everything I've read, that should resize, but it doesn't. In fact, it doesn't change the pointer to the resize pointer when I hover over the control, either. I'm guessing there's some lua script or something I need to include, I just don't know where to begin looking. Ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by jreddin1 View Post
    Hey Trenloe. Maybe you can help me. I have a really trivial windowclass that doesn't resize:

<windowclass name="MyWindow">
    <frame>campaignlistwithtabs</frame>
    <sizelimits>
    <dynamic />
    </sizelimits>
    <sheetdata>
    <resize_campaignlistwithtabs />
    <close_campaignlist />
    </sheetdata>
    </windowclass>

Based on everything I've read, that should resize, but it doesn't. In fact, it doesn't change the pointer to the resize pointer when I hover over the control, either. I'm guessing there's some lua script or something I need to include, I just don't know where to begin looking. Ideas?
    Try the "old school" method of resizing - see "sizing" here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...Basics#Windows This will give an idea if the frame used has some problem with the resize hook (sometimes it is outside of the visible portion of the frame).

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Try the "old school" method of resizing - see "sizing" here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...Basics#Windows This will give an idea if the frame used has some problem with the resize hook (sometimes it is outside of the visible portion of the frame).
    The ctrl trick didn't work before, but it does now. I must have had something else wrong and didn't realize it. Anyway, the ctrl method works now, but the drag by the handle still doesn't.

This window is the same as the Notes window, without a few things like the list and the add/edit buttons. I don't understand why it won't size like notelist from campaign_notes.xml will.

If you set a minimum within your <sizelimits> does it make any difference?

Code:
    		<sizelimits>
    			<minimum width="300" height="400" />
    			<dynamic />
    		</sizelimits>
    Do you see the resize control appear in the bottom right of the window?

Do you have anything actually within this window? It looks like all you have is the resize control in the bottom right and the close control in the top right? Do you see both of these controls?

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    If you set a minimum within your <sizelimits> does it make any difference?

Code:
    		<sizelimits>
    			<minimum width="300" height="400" />
    			<dynamic />
    		</sizelimits>
    Do you see the resize control appear in the bottom right of the window?

Do you have anything actually within this window? It looks like all you have is the resize control in the bottom right and the close control in the top right? Do you see both of these controls?
    • I've added minimums multiple times (and did it again, to make sure I wasn't crazy), that changes the minimums, but doesn't effect resize.
    • I do see the resize control. That worked as soon as I added <resize_campaignlistwithtabs />.
    • I don't have anything in this window, though I did add some stringcontrols just to see if that was causing it to not size. Still didn't work.

I'll try adding some content back in and see if it works now.

Thread Information