DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    what does <menuicon> do and is it neccesary?
    Err, menuicon defines the icon that is used on the radial menu... Say it more than once!

I believe there is only room for one or two custom dice in the radial menu?
    It opens up a whole new radial menu - so 8 additional options on the Fudge dice.

Put it in and have a look - stop trying to over think it!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Thank you guys again.

For anyone else who is trying to do this - no changes are required to the npc_roll.lua - you just need to define the custom dice as suggested by Valarian and explained by Trenloe:

Add the following in base.xml or extension.xml
    Code:
    	<!-- MoreCore specific Funky Dice for DCC -->
    	<includefile source="common/funky_dice.xml" />
    Create a new file common/funky_dice.xml with the following content:

Code:
    <!-- 
      Please see the license.html file included with this distribution for 
      attribution and copyright information.
    -->

<root>
    <customdie name="d3">
      <model>dF</model>
      <menuicon>customdice</menuicon>
      <script>
        function onValue(result)
          return math.random(3);
        end
      </script>
    </customdie>

<customdie name="d5">
      <model>dF</model>
      <script>
        function onValue(result)
          return math.random(5);
        end
      </script>
    </customdie>

<customdie name="d7">
      <model>dF</model>
      <script>
        function onValue(result)
          return math.random(7);
        end
      </script>
    </customdie>

<customdie name="d14">
      <model>dF</model>
      <script>
        function onValue(result)
          return math.random(14);
        end
      </script>
    </customdie>

<customdie name="d16">
      <model>dF</model>
      <script>
        function onValue(result)
          return math.random(16);
        end
      </script>
    </customdie>

<customdie name="d24">
      <model>dF</model>
      <script>
        function onValue(result)
          return math.random(24);
        end
      </script>
    </customdie>

<customdie name="d30">
      <model>dF</model>
      <script>
        function onValue(result)
          return math.random(30);
        end
      </script>
    </customdie>

</root>
    Last edited by damned; March 18th, 2015 at 02:51.

Blog Entries
    Oh, this is great! Now dF will have to stand for funky dice.

Can't wait to try this out!

Blog Entries
    Another Funky Dice question!

Can I add the funky dice to the Table Top? At the moment the CoreRPG table top has the following default dice:
    d4, d6, d8, d10, d12, d20, dF aligned beside the Modifier box.
    Is it possible to add more physical dice and set the number on them?

I need the dice on the table to take advantage of the awesome Attributes/Skills in CoreRPG for DCC. Many DCC rolls use the Funky dice. They need to be dragged into the field to work and I cant see anyway to drag something in thats not actually there to start with!
    Specifiying a number to be face up on the die would be one way to identify which Funk Dice we are looking at....
    If you cant nominate a number, and any number, for any dice - eg still using the Fudge dice but putting a 14 on it - does anyone else have any clever ideas how one might handle this?

I have one idea - I could incorporate some code from Psicodelix's excellent CoreRPG Improved Character Sheet extension but I think having the dice on the table might be easier for players...

Last edited by damned; March 22nd, 2015 at 05:46.

Can I add the funky dice to the Table Top? At the moment the CoreRPG table top has the following default dice:
    d4, d6, d8, d10, d12, d20, dF aligned beside the Modifier box.
    Is it possible to add more physical dice and set the number on them?
    Short answer - no. Longer answer: maybe... with a lot of coding and messing around, but they wouldn't actually be the same as the current dice we're used to.

They need to be dragged into the field to work and I cant see anyway to drag something in thats not actually there to start with!
    See the last paragraph of post #8 above.

Actually, you might be able to get it working (sort of).

Look at the Star Wars EotE ruleset. Look in classes\desktop at the dboost.xml file - this defines a windowclass "dBoost" with a diepanel for the dBoost custom dice type. This windowclass is used in definitions\desktop.xml to position a "panel" using the <class> dBoost (defined in dboost.xml). The dBoost custom die type is defined in definitions\dice.xml - but this is similar to the custom dice defined earlier in this thread. You may need to add a specific icon definition with the same name as the custom die in order to display something on the dekstop in the panel (e.g. <icon name="d30" file="graphics/icons/d30.png" /> )

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    These custom dice are available via right-click on the Fudge dice - via the Custom Dice selection in the NW of the radial menu, so they can be dragged to abilities/skills in the character sheet.
    Thank you! To drag these dice onto the Char Sheet you need to do:

Right click dFudge
    At 11 oclock Left Click Custom Dice
    Left Click your required Dice
    Move to the target and Left Click again to drop the dice

I must have been trying Right Click options and didnt think this was possible

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Actually, you might be able to get it working (sort of).

Look at the Star Wars EotE ruleset. Look in classes\desktop at the dboost.xml file - this defines a windowclass "dBoost" with a diepanel for the dBoost custom dice type. This windowclass is used in definitions\desktop.xml to position a "panel" using the <class> dBoost (defined in dboost.xml). The dBoost custom die type is defined in definitions\dice.xml - but this is similar to the custom dice defined earlier in this thread. You may need to add a specific icon definition with the same name as the custom die in order to display something on the dekstop in the panel (e.g. <icon name="d30" file="graphics/icons/d30.png" /> )
    I am downloading SW now to look at this.

Blog Entries
    Hi Trenloe - I think your code is quite a bit more complex again - there are other files included too.
    I can add them to HotKeys and then they are draggable - this is not the best solution but Im running with it just for now.

and I swapped the customdice icon

FG Con 6 – April 17-19th 2015 - register at www.fg-con.com for all the latest info.

Hi Trenloe - I think your code is quite a bit more complex again - there are other files included too.
    I can add them to HotKeys and then they are draggable - this is not the best solution but Im running with it just for now.

and I swapped the customdice icon

Did you ever release this as an extension or has it been taken forwards for DCC? This has been recently asked about here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...regarding-dice

Thread Information