5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Versatile weapons?

Is there a way to distinguish if a character is using their weapon versatile or not? I couldnt figure out a way to 'hot swap' between 1 handed or 2. So I told them to add the weapon a 2nd time and I set the damage according and added (Versatile) by the name so they can tell the difference.

thanks!

That's how I would do it. Longsword (1H) & Longsword (2H) as two different weapons with different damage calculations.
    FGU Ultimate License/FGC Standard
    Timezone: Australian EST (UTC +10)
    Systems: Prefer DnD 5e as GM or player.
    FKA Chezcaliente

Blog Entries
    I have always set them up as 2 weapons when I do NPCs. Just seems to make it easier that way and would probably work as well for PCs.
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

There is no automatic way to do this so, yes, as suggested two entries in the actions tab. One of my players has a versatile weapon which does extra damage against undead and he also has the charger feat. So to cater for all possibilities he has eight entries for the same weapon

I know this is an old post, but I can't find any more recent ones. I have the 5e Essential package (PH, DMG, etc.). Do I have to make a new item for the 2H option? I do not see in the list under weapons a second entry for Warhammer (2H).

Any feedback or links to a more up to date tutorial on this would be great!

Cheers.
    - Faith, Steel and Gunpowder.

I use this extension and have not had any issues:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Offhand-attack

I am on my phone, so I can’t find the link but there is a two handed extension on the forum. I’ll post later when I have time to find it.

Just saw the same answer above

Thank you Eru the One and NuclearMonkey,

This is exactly what I am looking for. Now to look up how extensions work.

Good gaming!
    - Faith, Steel and Gunpowder.

Quote Originally Posted by Omalus View Post
    Thank you Eru the One and NuclearMonkey,

This is exactly what I am looking for. Now to look up how extensions work.

Good gaming!
    i figured that one out; it needs to go in the extensions folder on the DM's machine / server

But i just used it and the two handed damage didnt work, the script isnt working

Quote Originally Posted by robspinks View Post
    i figured that one out; it needs to go in the extensions folder on the DM's machine / server

But i just used it and the two handed damage didnt work, the script isnt working
    Hi rob, welcome to FG. If you are using Unity many extension may not work as expected.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information