5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    I have. I've watched them all. Twice, now. Unfortunately, my schema builds slowly, incrementally... Was this information in there?

Anyway, this "quick pointers" is really cool stuff. It will make my gaming group happy.

- s.west

p.s. I only know of 3 (and just confirmed with your link) GM-centric tutorials. Do you have plans to do any more?

Quote Originally Posted by swest View Post
    I only know of 3 (and just confirmed with your link) GM-centric tutorials. Do you have plans to do any more?
    Yeah, there's more on the way - I've just run into some (outside of FG) issues which have really slowed me up

And don't worry, I was having a "dig" at Damned - because I'm such a nice guy!
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

Blog Entries
    "why me?" i cry to the heavens!
    I have watched your videos.
    The length and detail in your videos is both great and not so great - I find I miss things and its hard to find where that specific piece of info is in a longer video.
    I did 3 hangouts at FG Con and recorded them - theyre 90mins each and there is plenty of useful stuff in them but finding something specific in them is difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    The length and detail in your videos is both great and not so great - I find I miss things and its hard to find where that specific piece of info is in a longer video.
    I did 3 hangouts at FG Con and recorded them - theyre 90mins each and there is plenty of useful stuff in them but finding something specific in them is difficult.
    "Why You?" Because you bite so nicely (and because I consider you a good friend).

Yeah, I've been think about putting up some sort of "Index" for each one with the time stamp on where each section starts

I'll have to think about it further.
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz

I would have to agree about the videos. But I feel that way about most tutorial videos.

I find the best way (which in no way replaces tutorial videos) is to join a game with an knowledgeable FG veteran and ask if they mind giving advice. Then constantly ask 'is there a better way to do this', 'is this the right way to make this', and 'how would I go about doing this'. Questions with short answers like the quick arrows are much easier to get from people than from video. And I have to admit, I still learn something new about FG from someone almost every game I play (and it was absolutely every game for the first year or so).
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Blog Entries
    I think the Index is a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    And those are where?

Quote Originally Posted by Nickademus View Post
    I find the best way ... is to join a game with an knowledgeable FG veteran...
    I'm shy.

But, I'll keep an eye out for an opportunity.

Thanks.

- s.west

p.s. What part of Ohio are you in? I grew up in Delaware. [well, I 'grew up' as much as I was ever going to, I guess...]

Blog Entries
    I'm shy.
    Just roleplay thru it...

What part of Ohio are you in?
    I've been all over Ohio: Cincinnati, Columbus and Cleveland. Currently in Cincy.
    I never claimed to be sane. Besides, it's more fun this way.

Thread Information