STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Earthdawn 4th Edition

FASA just released a PDF version of their 4th edition Player's Guild for Earthdawn.

https://www.fasagames.com/shop/index...roducts_id=803

Didn't see and recent posts and wonder if anyone has ever tried to use their system on fantasy Grounds?

All I have found so far is the Ruleset on the Wiki section:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...set:_Earthdawn

But I don't know if that is for 4th Edition or an early edition?

Just looking for feedback from anyone who's has sucessfully played their system on Fantasy grounds.

Thanks,
    /<arykzen
    Last edited by Trenloe; March 6th, 2015 at 17:43.

I was wondering the same thing, a year or so later....

From what I can tell it's for 3rd edition, based on the step dices. It should be a small thing to change to 4th ed and you should basicly be ready to go. There are maybe other things that are different, like wounds, uncon/death-rating and so on but for the most part I guess changing step die will do.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...r-distribution
    Unpack the Earthdawn.pak/zip and find the file scripts/step_action_lookup.lua and load it in a text-editor like Notepad++ or Kate. Change the steps where they are different, save the file and add it back to the zip/pak-file.

A good idea is of course to rename the new Earthdawn.pak to Earthdawn4.pak.

Now you should be able to handle a lot of stuff.

As for you other question:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1X3...bRaAA&index=14

The whole playlist is unfortunately backwards and from session 2 you actually see FG in action with ED3.

Attachment 14056

I tested changing scripts/step_action_lookup.lua (step dice) and scripts/lookup.lua (defences, Mystic Armour, health and recovery) and everything seems to work for 4th edition. Steps works up to 50 (GM Screen), from there it's what was in the file already (guess it is 1st or 2nd edition). Check attached image for comparison FG and sample character. I added a buckler so Physical Defence is +1. I hope the image got uploaded.

What's NOT changed is carry limit and weapon requirements. Looks like that is in scripts/totalweight.lua
    Something to do tomorrow, bedtime for me now.

I've changed the scripts/totalweight.lua and removed the dex-penalty for encumbrance.

How do I upload the pak? Size too big (13Mb). I zipped the changed files and uploaded that zip-file. All go to scripts-folder.

Overall I'm impressed with the ruleset. A lot of automatic linking. Like when you have the talent Melee Weapon and you enter Strength as attribute, it automaticly adds STR-step. If I then add a weapon and enter Melee Weapon as Attack Source, it automaticly enters what I have in Melee Weapon (STR-step + rank).

What's missing is the conditions, like harried etc. Newer rulesets have something for that but I guess this is too old. Nothing I have any plans on changing. I have no idea where to begin or how it works, or if I have the time, ability or willingness to add it.

Regardless, it's very good and now possible to use for 4th ed.
    Last edited by AgatonSax; May 13th, 2016 at 20:45.

Earthdawn04.pak

Anyone willing to test ED4?
    I'm not ready for ED myself yet, going to finnish my DnD 3.5 campaign first, then go ED.

Quote Originally Posted by AgatonSax View Post
    Earthdawn04.pak

Anyone willing to test ED4?
    I'm not ready for ED myself yet, going to finnish my DnD 3.5 campaign first, then go ED.
    I've downloaded it now. Some of my players are interested in it and I backed the kickstarter (Just got my books 2 days ago in the mail) so I'm quite interested in checking it out. Thanks for taking the time to do it.
    Standard License - Many 5E Supplements

Quote Originally Posted by Pheralan View Post
    I've downloaded it now. Some of my players are interested in it and I backed the kickstarter (Just got my books 2 days ago in the mail) so I'm quite interested in checking it out. Thanks for taking the time to do it.
    I'm not sure if this calculate wounds or step penalties but wounds now start giving a penalty at the first. The other major difference is in success's ( a raise calculator like savage worlds would work well) and armor.

Not sure about wounds and penalties, i'll see what I can find. Same with successes.
    Great that you had some time to test it.

Quote Originally Posted by AgatonSax View Post
    Not sure about wounds and penalties, i'll see what I can find. Same with successes.
    Great that you had some time to test it.
    I can't speak to the FG version only the changes in the system itself, as I've been running it live, Saturday was the fourth session, much much easier to run then older editions, as the target number an extra d6 for each 5 points over works very very well. And doesn't make armor worthless.

I looked around and tested a little. Is the functionality in there at all about successes and wounds? Nothing mentioned about successes when I rolled against a target-number (enemy PD). Didn't test that much with wounds, but nothing changed with a wound. I looked around in a lot of files and seached but no mention of wounds or successes.

I'm no programmer so I'm not sure I can add it. I don't have time now anyway, so you have to do this the old way, counting successes and reduce for wounds.

Thread Information